Windows 10: Windows 10 updates cause Chrome, Opera, and Steam browsers to stop loading

Discus and support Windows 10 updates cause Chrome, Opera, and Steam browsers to stop loading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro with no updates, everything worked correctly. After downloading the October 2018 update and getting my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WindowsUpdates, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 updates cause Chrome, Opera, and Steam browsers to stop loading

After a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro with no updates, everything worked correctly. After downloading the October 2018 update and getting my Windows 10 up to speed with Version 1809 OS Build 17763.107, the Chrome, Opera, and Steam web browsers no longer load web pages. They will try, sometimes take an enormous amount of time to load even a tiny portion of the page but never finish, and most web pages will simply time out and give me a network message as if I have no internet connection. Running Valve's Steam, the store, community, and friends lists are all inaccessible. Sometimes after a minute they connect, sometimes they do not.

The Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox browsers work as they should. But all of these other browsers and Steam cannot load any pages. I have looked up this issue extensively and have tried out many fixes: ip reset from elevated cmd, dns flush, disable hardware acceleration of the browsers, etc and nothing has worked. How do I fix this?

:)

WindowsUpdates, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Naki, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Hello! Does not seem to be fixed in any way.
    PROBLEM: On Windows 7, with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in IE11.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

On Windows 8.1, a slightly different thing happens:
    PROBLEM: On Windows 8.1, with both Opera and Google Chrome installed and with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in Opera.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

Please fix this in 0.8.2! *Smile Windows 10 updates cause Chrome, Opera, and Steam browsers to stop loading :)

Naki, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Castiel Win User

Windows 10 updates cause Chrome, Opera, and Steam browsers to stop loading

Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updates cause Chrome, Opera, and Steam browsers to stop loading

1. Windows 10 updates cause Chrome, Opera, and Steam browsers to stop loading - Similar Threads - updates cause Chrome

2. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  3. Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera)

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera): I have problems in all chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, etc...) with downloads of program install files being corrupt. If I download same installation files in Tor Browser or Mozilla Firefox I have no issue. Issue started after latest Windows...
  4. How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Good secure, updated Browsers are the key to remaining safe online when browsing the web. While most modern browsers are set to update automatically, today in this post, we will see how you can manually update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and [...] This post How...
  5. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  6. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  7. Browser crash (Google CHrome and Opera) after new update Error 0x80070

in Browsers and Email
    Browser crash (Google CHrome and Opera) after new update Error 0x80070: the latest updates I have installed, all except for "• 2017-07 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025376)" which gave me the error: 0x800700c1 when I tried to install it again. Anyways, after these updates I went on...
  8. Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking

in Browsers and Email
    Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking: I'm not really sure if there is anything I can do about this. I can seem to manage to fix it, I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent it. I'm currently trying to find the cause. Every day for the past few days, I will end up with broken images, usually involving...
  9. latest Opera browser causes BSOD

in Browsers and Email
    latest Opera browser causes BSOD: Since 2 days ago latest Opera browser causes BSOD. It happened all of a sudden 2 days ago. Before this I had no problems with PC. It seems like it is a hardware fault or even drive but manifests itself after some time of using Opera browser. Thank you for all...
  10. Latest Opera browser

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Opera browser: I've recently installed the new Opera browser. and so far am liking it. I've usually used Chrome, and like that, too. I did a little testing on my own, using Task Mgr. I find that Opera uses substantially less resources than Chrome. I like many of the Opera features, such...