Windows 10: Windows 10 updates cause printer issues; will not print by WiFi

Discus and support Windows 10 updates cause printer issues; will not print by WiFi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; EVERY time there is an update in about the past 6 months, the wifi printing no longer works. Have to reload the driver. How to prevent / fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Go Solar, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Go Solar Win User

Windows 10 updates cause printer issues; will not print by WiFi

EVERY time there is an update in about the past 6 months, the wifi printing no longer works.

Have to reload the driver.

How to prevent / fix this? And why does it continue to happen?

:)

Go Solar, Oct 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 causing printer issues

Hi Coreym,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• Which printer are you using?
    • What is the error message you receive when you try to print?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updates cause printer issues; will not print by WiFi - Similar Threads - updates cause printer

2. The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print: I updated Windows 10 this morning. A little bit later I tried printing some labels on my Zebra 450 and nothing. I restored the PC back to yesterday and now it is working. I also tried updating the drivers for the printer but it would not install them....
  3. The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print: I updated Windows 10 this morning. A little bit later I tried printing some labels on my Zebra 450 and nothing. I restored the PC back to yesterday and now it is working. I also tried updating the drivers for the printer but it would not install them....
  4. The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MS Update causing print issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Update causing print issues: None of my printers, no matter how I connect via wireless, bluetooth or usb, will print. On the device manager I get an error code that there is no device driver. I have tried to install the HP driver but get a message when doing it that the printer can't be connected to....
  6. MS Update causing print issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Update causing print issues: None of my printers, no matter how I connect via wireless, bluetooth or usb, will print. On the device manager I get an error code that there is no device driver. I have tried to install the HP driver but get a message when doing it that the printer can't be connected to....
  7. Windows update causes WIFI issue

Windows update causes WIFI issue: Hello i have a issue with my pc, I updated my version of windows last night KB4023057 and KB4577671. It caused my wifi to show that its connected but not work on any of my browsers and or games. I tried uninstalling the update but it says. “An error has occured. Not all of...
  8. Wifi printing issues to canon printer TR7500

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi printing issues to canon printer TR7500: My canon TR7500 wifi printer has been setup and prints from my windows10 PC however willnot print even a test page from a windows10 laptop in a room through the wall. Signal strength is strong. I have downloaded drivers for the canon TR7500. The printer is on a shared...
  9. Update causing printing issues

Update causing printing issues: 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4512941) & 2019-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4511555) updates has caused printing issues. The computers can no longer print. How can...
  10. printer print issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer print issues: will only print black and white from my laptop, but it says color... It prints color from all other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-print-issues/5c195589-3db3-4288-a0a5-26c1e1d2e1de