Windows 10: Windows 10 updates causing migration to Mac OS

Discus and support Windows 10 updates causing migration to Mac OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why so many updates? Why can’t I turn this off? I have now lost two medical buildings to MAC! I can’t blame them.... I can’t stop the updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sysmon, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Sysmon Win User

Windows 10 updates causing migration to Mac OS

Why so many updates? Why can’t I turn this off?

I have now lost two medical buildings to MAC!

I can’t blame them.... I can’t stop the updates. Well I can, but Microsoft shuts off a slew of other apps like calc and photo viewer if updates are forced off for more than 30 days.

Two other locations have decided to roll back to Windows 7.

:)

Sysmon, Oct 15, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Mac OS X 10.4.6 Update Released

Apple has released the latest update from Mac OS X 10.4.5 to version 10.4.6 on both Intel-based Macs and PowerPC-based Macs. There are two ways to update to Mac OS X 10.4.6: Use Software Update or the standalone installer. This update offers many improvements, including:
    • 802.1X login authentication configurations created in Internet Connect can now be used at the Mac OS X login window, too.
    • You can now copy folders with files to an SMB-based server instead of only the folder being copied and this alert message appearing: "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items."
    • Improves iDisk (WebDAV file system) performance.
    • Resolves an issue in which Mail could unexpectedly quit when lowering the quote level within a reply message.
    • Resolves an issue that could cause Help Viewer to sometimes display a blank window.
    • Includes iSync 2.2 which provides support for additional mobile phones.
    Go to this page, for full issues list and additional information about the instalation.

Source: Apple

malware, Oct 15, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Apple Mac OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Good news, Mac users, as it looks like Apple is kicking 10.5.7 update of Mac OS X Leopard. Apple recommends this update to all users running Mac OS X Leopard. This upgrade includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. For detailed information on the update, please visit this website here. You can obtain the update from either the Software Update option found in your Apple menu, or from the links below:
    General
    • Includes latest security fixes.
    • Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
    • Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
    • Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
    • Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets.
    • Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
    • Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
    • Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
    • Improves network performance when connected to certain Ethernet switches that have Flow Control enabled.
    • Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
    • Improves Finder search results for network volumes that may not support Spotlight searching, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule, and third-party AFP servers.
    • Includes several improvements to Directory Service and Client Management, which are described in the About Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 Update article.
    iCal
    • Improves overall reliability with CalDav.
    • Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe.
    Mail
    • Addresses reliability and sync issues with Notes.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
    Parental Controls
    • Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
    • Addresses an issue in which time limits may not work properly with full-screen games and Fast User Switching.
    Printing
    • Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray.
    • Non-admin user accounts can now be allowed to add and remove printers by enabling Parental Controls and selecting "Can administer printers".
    • Includes other printing reliability and stability improvements.
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Oct 15, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Apple Mac OS X 10.5.4 Combo Update Released

Apple posted today the 10.5.4 update recommended for its Mac OS X 10.5, 10.5.1, 10.5.2, and 10.5.3 Leopard operating systems. The 10.5.4 update includes general operating system improvements that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. You can download the 561MB update code directly from Apple, or by using the Software Update feature in Mac OS X Leopard.

General
    • Includes recent Apple security updates.
    • Resolves an issue with saving and reopening Adobe Creative Suite 3 files on a remote server.
    • Includes additional RAW image support for several cameras.
    • Addresses an issue that may result in a partially installed X11 application.
    • Improves L2TP VPN client reliability.
    AirPort
    • Addresses AirPort reliability issues with 5GHz networks.
    • Addresses AirPort issues that may result in slower performance in Logic Studio or MainStage.
    iCal
    • Improves overall iCal reliability for meeting requests, cancellation notices, delegation, and syncing with iPhone.
    • Resolves an issue that prevents deleting an iCal event without notifying the creator.
    • Addresses an issue in which events in all calendars affect availability. A checkbox now enables information-only calendars to be transparent from free/busy lookups.
    • Resolves a UI issue preventing delegated calendars from showing up as a separate window.
    • Addresses an issue with copying and pasting attendees from one event to another.
    • Resolves an issue in which iCal may not delete events after a specified time interval, even when set to do so in iCal preferences.
    • Addresses an issue in which To Dos cannot be marked private.
    Safari
    • Addresses a potential performance issue when loading secure web pages.
    • Resolves issues that may be encountered when accessing secure web pages with client certificates that reside on a smart card.
    Spaces and Exposé
    • Addresses an issue in which switching from a space with a Finder window keeps the Finder as the active application instead of the application residing in the destination space.
    • Fixes an issue in which dragging an application from the list of application assignments in Spaces System Preferences does not assign the application to the desired space.
    • Resolves an Exposé issue that may result in only a subset of windows being shown.
    Source: Apple

malware, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updates causing migration to Mac OS - Similar Threads - updates causing migration

2. Migration os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration os: I cloned the os of my laptop on my ssd but i donot kow how to boot from my ssd not from my old hdd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-os/88321ba8-0e8e-4b75-a2a9-314395227da2
  3. Migration os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migration os: I cloned the os of my laptop on my ssd but i donot kow how to boot from my ssd not from my old hdd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-os/88321ba8-0e8e-4b75-a2a9-314395227da2
  4. Migrating OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating OS: I've recently purchased an SSD as my hard drive isn't coping as a boot drive and is bottlenecking performance. As a result I've a need to migrate my data across. I'm using a smaller SSD 500gb than HDD 2tb and am aware I need to cut down to fit. My issue is that I've lost my...
  5. Migrating from Mac to Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Migrating from Mac to Windows: My knowledge of the Mac environment is very limited.A friend asks for my help to migrate from a Mac to a Windows 10 PC.Is there any tool, including third party products, to migrate the user environment from a Mac to a Windows PC, including browser settings, downloaded mail...
  6. Migrate Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrate Windows 10 OS: I cloned my old Hard drive to a 1tb Samsung Evo 860 SSD with Minitool Partition Wizard. I set my Evolution 860 SSD as the boot drive and everything works except one minor thing. It removed power options like shut down and restart. What can I do to do fix this? I already tried...
  7. mac os +windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    mac os +windows 10: so i just recently downloaded windows 10 onto my mac because mac os is trash, and there's this watermark that labels, "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows." and to get rid of it i need a product key, and im using a macbook air. But the thing is i dont have a...
  8. Windows on Mac without Mac OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows on Mac without Mac OS: Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please recommend where if not! I recently messed up when resetting my MacBook Pro mid-2012 to factory settings and now only have internet recovery as an option, which does not work. So for the time being I installed Windows...
  9. OS Migration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS Migration: I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be useable at all. It has 2 x 1TB HDDs in it & the one with the OS on it is at about 95% full. So I guess that this cold be the...
  10. os migration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    os migration: hi I have a gaming pc with 3 ssd slots. I am purchasing a new faster ssd but I am still going to use the old ssd on the same pc. is it possible to transfer the operating system files to the faster ssd as well as the apps, games ect. can all this be done with out loosing any...