Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates Causing my RAM to fill up

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates Causing my RAM to fill up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One of my last posts was about windows update stopping me from accessing the internet any time that my computer detected a windows update in which id... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesBrockman1, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Updates Causing my RAM to fill up

One of my last posts was about windows update stopping me from accessing the internet any time that my computer detected a windows update in which id need to restart. That problem has gone but now its decided to fill my RAM usage. I feel like id rather deal with the no internet instead of dealing with my pc not working as intended at all. Every time i got a major problem i can just solve it by updating windows drivers or anything on the "Windows Update" settings page. Yes ive tried many different things, even scanning my pc for a virus with a few different antivirus progams, its just frustrating to only be able to use my pc 30 minutes at a time until i update. Its like im being forced to update when i dont want to at all.

:)

JamesBrockman1, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Desboro Win User

Windows 10 Updates Causing my RAM to fill up

Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates Causing my RAM to fill up

1. Windows 10 Updates Causing my RAM to fill up - Similar Threads - Updates Causing RAM

2. What is filling up my internal memory on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is filling up my internal memory on Windows 10?: I have an HP Stream with a small internal drive. It's not the best, but it works for what I need as a screenwriter with internet browsing. However, my internal memory continually "fills itself" whenever I create empty space. I found 1.19GB with of files to delete. My computer...
  3. What is filling up my internal memory on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is filling up my internal memory on Windows 10?: I have an HP Stream with a small internal drive. It's not the best, but it works for what I need as a screenwriter with internet browsing. However, my internal memory continually "fills itself" whenever I create empty space. I found 1.19GB with of files to delete. My computer...
  4. What is filling up my internal memory on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My storage is filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage is filling up: how can i free up space? I installed valorant however it was not successful but my C drive is almost full , how can I free up space, I am using alienware laptop with 500 GB storage...
  6. My storage is filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My storage is filling up: how can i free up space? I installed valorant however it was not successful but my C drive is almost full , how can I free up space, I am using alienware laptop with 500 GB storage...
  7. My storage is filling up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC's RAM keeps on slowly filling itself up until full: I'm currently on Windows 10 1909. My OS was freshly installed just recently (around 5 months ago) due to some issue with my laptop not updating to the newer versions of Windows 10. I only started to notice the issue when I did a major OS Upgrade (I don't remember which one...
  9. RAM Question - "Filling Up" a Memory Stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Question - "Filling Up" a Memory Stick: Hi. I have a question about random access memory (RAM) I was hoping to get an answer to so that I can get a better understanding on how it actually works. I tried searching around a bit, but my question didn't really get brought up, or if it did it was in these very tehnical...
  10. Windows 10 and SSD Filling Up....

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and SSD Filling Up....: So, I've got a question about Windows 10 and my SSD getting too full. I have plenty of space, but my C: drive has 3 GB left. Is there a way to tell Windows to extend to another drive? Say when I get an update, I have another SSD, I would like Windows to start writing to the...