Windows 10: Windows 10 updates causing problems for my Intel based tablet again!

Discus and support Windows 10 updates causing problems for my Intel based tablet again! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is the second tablet I have had with Intel architecture and software. Almost every other major update or build causes problems for my tablet to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by michelle2006, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 updates causing problems for my Intel based tablet again!

This is the second tablet I have had with Intel architecture and software. Almost every other major update or build causes problems for my tablet to where I have to back out of the update or build or reset my tablet. The latest build erased all my Intel drivers, made my touchscreen and my keyboard nonfunctional. Barely managed to get it into recovery before startup, to back it out of the build. The lasting damage from this and the cumulative update was my tablet kept losing time. For anyone having the time problem on their tablet right now and the normal fixes don't work: Fast startup is causing a problem again, turn it off! It did this for a period with 8.1, and this was the only fix that worked until an update 3 months later.

:)

michelle2006, Jun 19, 2019

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jun 19, 2019
  3. DonWyman Win User
    Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Jun 19, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 updates causing problems for my Intel based tablet again!

DRDNA, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updates causing problems for my Intel based tablet again!

1. Windows 10 updates causing problems for my Intel based tablet again! - Similar Threads - updates causing problems

2. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  3. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  4. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Updates caused problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Updates caused problems: My File Explorer is crashed since doing windows updates earlier this month. What is the fix please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-caused-problems/fea90128-0201-4081-8c27-f2484e5f753a
  6. Intel SCSI Adapter update causes boot problems

Intel SCSI Adapter update causes boot problems: I rec'd an Intel SCSI Adapter update V 17.5.3.1026, this AM, thru the Windows update screen. After the install I immediately has boot up problems. The boot up would stall at the Dell logo screen and go no further. I was able to get to boot up once in a while by powering off...
  7. Updates caused my problem????

Updates caused my problem????: I have a RCA Cambio W101 V2 tablet with Windows 10. Tablet worked great....Until These last few updates. Now tablet does not charge. Only charges when it is shut down. I have no Idea what was installed, but definitely IS the cause of my problem. Any ideas out there....
  8. Again your update scrambles my tablet!

Again your update scrambles my tablet!: Again it happened! In October an update caused my tablet to not be a tablet: no touch, sound, battery, graphics display, glitching. Took over 4 hours to track down and fix. This past Friday you forced a new update. It did the same thing to my tablet, but worse. Instead of...
  9. BASED ON UPDATE OF INTEL AUDIO DRIVES

BASED ON UPDATE OF INTEL AUDIO DRIVES: HELP ME OUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/based-on-update-of-intel-audio-drives/90ee1d0b-7558-4eb5-9207-67dc6372ef36
  10. Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems: I just updated Windows 10 today. It wasn't the usual update, this one took a while. Anyways, for some reason, I have noticed I seem to have problems with my laptop after it updates. This time around, I get a black screen when I put my laptop on sleep and try to log back in....