Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just updated Windows 10 today. It wasn't the usual update, this one took a while. Anyways, for some reason, I have noticed I seem to have problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NoKings, Dec 1, 2017.

1. NoKings Win User

Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

I just updated Windows 10 today. It wasn't the usual update, this one took a while. Anyways, for some reason, I have noticed I seem to have problems with my laptop after it updates. This time around, I get a black screen when I put my laptop on sleep and try to log back in. Usually if I put it on sleep, then open it up, the log in screen will appear straight away. I have to turn it off/on because the black screen doesn't go away and I can't log in unless I shut it down entirely. I can hear it running, but can't see anything.

This has happened before right after an update, but seemed to resolve itself. I haven't had any kinds of problems like this aside from when I have to update it.

Why is Windows 10 like this...I have read many other posts about others having problems after an update. I don't know if there's something that I can do other than shutting the thing down when the black screen won't go away. Any advice? I will put it out there that I'm not computer savvy. I know the bare minimum. Thanks to anyone that responds to this.

:)

NoKings, Dec 1, 2017

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Dec 1, 2017
  3. windows 10 updates causing problems

By the way, it'll take about an hour and three-quarters, and it'll iinitialise for a long tme, just wait till it restarts.

Stanley Wright, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

Hi NoKings. Welcome to the TenForums @NoKings

This is likely a driver issue and while Windows provides a facility to update your drivers a lot of drivers come from the Vendors, Intel, Nvidia, AMD, Realtek, etc. Some of the newer drivers don't work as expected on older gear. Not saying you older gear, just making a statement. Intel is also having an issue that you will see in a couple of existing threads.

When this occurs is it after a long period of sleep, known as hibernation, or does it happen after any sleep event, like when you put it to sleep and then wake it right back up.

Do you know what display adapter is in your laptop. Right click Start > Left click Device Manager > Locate Display adapter > expand section by clicking on + sign. The display adapter should be right there.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 1, 2017
  5. NoKings Win User
    Hello, and thanks for your feedback. It could be a problem with the driver, but I'm not entirely sure how to identify if that's the root of the problem. As I mentioned, I've never had this specific problem before. It happened right after the Windows 10 update. I've had this laptop for about a year and a half. If it makes any difference, my display adapter is Intel(R) HD Graphics 520.

I decided to go to Troubleshooting and go back to the Windows 10 build I had prior to the update. That seemed to fix it. I don't get a dead screen when I try using it again after being on sleep mode, (wasn't hibernation mode when this occurred), and I don't have to restart it to get to the home screen.

NoKings, Dec 1, 2017
  6. Look at the driver version you are currently using and who it is the manufacturer. Should be Intel. Note the Version.

If you have not set your connection to metered, and assuming you have the Home edition, then 1709 will be reapplied in due course.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

1. Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems - Similar Threads - Updates Causing Problems

2. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  3. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  4. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem

Windows 10 Update Causing Audio Problem: I installed the latest windows update on the 16 of March 2021, this cause audio crackling on all sound devices: Bluetooth, Speakers, 3.5mm jack, Corsair Virtuoso headset. So far all issues point to a system issue or update in KB5001567, not sure which but I solved it by...
  6. Windows 10 Updates caused problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Updates caused problems: My File Explorer is crashed since doing windows updates earlier this month. What is the fix please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-caused-problems/fea90128-0201-4081-8c27-f2484e5f753a
  7. last windows 10 update causing problems

last windows 10 update causing problems: Ever since the last update to correct the vulnerability problem. Edge is not working properly and window update is stuck trying to update but never connects to receive further updates. Nothing. This is causing the computer to be unreasonably slow. Edge wont connect to default...
  8. Windows 10 update causes printer problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update causes printer problems: I downloaded and installed the Windows 10 updates noted in the below screen capture on two separate computers and now both are having problems printing from MS Word and MS PowerPoint and MS Excel on both computers. [ATTACH] I have tried remove and reinstalling the...
  9. Latest Windows 10 update causing problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows 10 update causing problems: Windows did an automatic update to my laptops last week. Since then, every time I close my laptop and it goes to sleep, the screen will not come back on. I have to restart my laptop to get the screen to come on. Other than the inconvenience, I am concerned that turning off...
  10. a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a multiple problem with Windows 10>..updates causes problems generally: This convoluted /secretive windows 10 operating system is pissing me off. This is a quote from one of your sites regarding many issues " What version of Outlook do I have? With so many Outlook apps and services you can use to access your email messages, appointments, and...