Windows 10: Windows 10 updates change drivers to ones that do not work

Discus and support Windows 10 updates change drivers to ones that do not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way to update Windows 10 WITHOUT having that Windowsupdate change drivers? I realize that starting with 1909 and going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DennisWUrban, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 updates change drivers to ones that do not work

Is there a way to update Windows 10 WITHOUT having that Windowsupdate change drivers?

I realize that starting with 1909 and going forward,Microsoft tried to solve an issue with drivers via the updates it is indocumentation concerning 1909 on. Butthis created multiple problems for people with older systems that were runningfine, but probably running drivers that were not on the current 3rdparty list contained in Microsoft updates. It is not important to delve into system specifics since this changeaffects many systems in different ways. I had the latest BIOS and drivers before updating.

In my case, I tried updating from 1809 to 1909, and againwith 1809 to 20H2, both via the Media Creation Tool. The update completed and the PC rebooted. I even had the Group Policy Editor set tokeep my correct drivers drivers that were of vintage CY2018 for my video and RealTecaudio. However, upon both updates, thosedrivers were replaced with obsolete antique Microsoft generic PnP drivers fromCY2006 that do not work. Audio, therewas no sound. Video got reduced from twoone extended monitors of 1920x1080 to 1024x768 recommended but bestpossible 1280x1024. And these powerfulupdates refused to allow me to restore the correct and much more recent driversalbeit, 3rd party. AlthoughI am not certain, I feel that if I could only retain the modern correctdrivers or reinstall them, those updates would otherwise be successful.

In both cases I had to revert back to 1809. I reported the issue via the Feedback Hub appat the Start Menu last time, but heardnothing and have just discovered the issue remains with 20H2.

So my question: is there a way to update beyond Windows 10 1809 and keepthe most recent 3rd party drivers that I know to work for my hardware?

:)

DennisWUrban, Mar 1, 2021
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 updates change drivers to ones that do not work

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 updates change drivers to ones that do not work

1. Windows 10 updates change drivers to ones that do not work - Similar Threads - updates change drivers

2. Can it possible that I do change in one account of window 10 and no changes occures in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can it possible that I do change in one account of window 10 and no changes occures in...: Can it possible that I do change in one account of window 10 and no changes occures in other account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-it-possible-that-i-do-change-in-one-account-of/c5312335-121b-496a-829c-02781f53730b
  3. My Windows 10 Update and Troubleshooter do not work... says one of the update services is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 Update and Troubleshooter do not work... says one of the update services is...: Hi, I noticed that my Windows Update was not working and Troubleshooter doesn't even have an option to troubleshoot the issue when I go to Troubleshooter which is very odd. I used DSIM and SFC to try and repair any corrupt files. After it was complete, I got a message stating...
  4. My Windows 10 Update and Troubleshooter do not work... says one of the update services is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 Update and Troubleshooter do not work... says one of the update services is...: Hi, I noticed that my Windows Update was not working and Troubleshooter doesn't even have an option to troubleshoot the issue when I go to Troubleshooter which is very odd. I used DSIM and SFC to try and repair any corrupt files. After it was complete, I got a message stating...
  5. My Windows 10 Update and Troubleshooter do not work... says one of the update services is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I change audio drivers in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change audio drivers in windows 10?: So my audio decided to stop working today, and to fix it I had to change from my Realtek audio drivers to Microsoft High Definition drivers. The problem with this is that I lost the EQ settings I had in the Realtek application when changing drivers. How can I change it back...
  7. Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Driver Not Working - Basic Windows 10 Driver Works, But Keeps Updating: My older Lenovo desktop system H50 display driver is causing issues, so I rolled back to the default/basic Windows Display driver - which fixes the issue. But...Windows keeps updating it. How can I get Windows to not update this driver?...
  8. Microsoft is significantly changing Windows 10 drivers updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is significantly changing Windows 10 drivers updates: Microsoft ships Windows 10 with a wide range of device drivers that allow the system to work with specific hardware such as network adapter, graphics card, storage, and also the peripherals, including touchpad, keyboards or mouse. On Windows 10, Microsoft uses Windows Update...
  9. Driver titles on Windows Update are changing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Driver titles on Windows Update are changing in Windows 10: This week we'll roll out changes in HDC that modify how titles for drivers are constructed. We've received a lot of feedback from partners, and customers that the date, and timestamp traditionally included is causing some confusion. Before titles appeared as below:...
  10. change "open with" to one that works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change "open with" to one that works: change "open with" to one that works - stop notepad or revert back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/change-open-with-to-one-that-works/bda09497-ea69-4db8-b0d8-c4b6f72537ac