Windows 10: Windows 10 updates changing folder names.

Discus and support Windows 10 updates changing folder names. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is getting old... Every time I do a Windows 10 update which I can't stop happening if I wanted to, the process changes some of my folder names.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris_0806, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 updates changing folder names.

This is getting old... Every time I do a Windows 10 update which I can't stop happening if I wanted to, the process changes some of my folder names. For example, 'My Documents' becomes 'Documents', 'My Pictures' becomes 'Pictures', but ones like 'My Paperwork' stays as 'My Paperwork'... Why does the update change some folder names and not others, and why can't they just leave the folder names alone, as I have named them?

I have multiple computers using the same folder naming system, and it does it on all of them. I know the answer is to leave the 'system' folder names to what MS changes them to, but I don't work like that. I name the folder, MS has NO RIGHT to mess with them, they are MY folders, not MicroSoft's...

Chris......

:)

Chris_0806, Jun 9, 2020
  2. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 updates changing folder names.

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 updates changing folder names.

1. Windows 10 updates changing folder names. - Similar Threads - updates changing folder

2. Change user folder name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change user folder name in Windows 10: Hi,I registered my Windows10 with a Microsoft account. Everything is working fine and I'm very happy. There is one little thing that makes mw crazy. My name is Enrico and Windows 10 has created my user folder with the name enric. I couldn't choose the name of this folder and...
  3. change windows 10 user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    change windows 10 user folder name: Hello, bought a windows computer for the first time since 2006.I signed in with my email and the user folder is the first 5 letters of my email, and I would prefer to change this to my name.How can I change the user folder name?...
  4. Change the name of account and folder name.

Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  5. Change User Folder Name on Windows 10

Change User Folder Name on Windows 10: What the title is saying, how can I change my user folder name? I did some stuff from youtube, but it didn't work and pretty sure corrupted my user folder. It's back to normal now, but it's still the name. How can I change the User Folder Name?...
  6. Changing User Folder Name? Windows 10

Changing User Folder Name? Windows 10: Hey everyone! I'm writing this today because there's this VERY MINOR thing that's been bothering me. I recently upgraded my hard drive, and ever since redownloading windows, it didn't give me the option to name my user folder. Is it possible for me to change my user folder...
  7. change user folder name windows 10

change user folder name windows 10: how to change user folder name windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-user-folder-name-windows-10/5d8220df-6346-49cd-9378-f3d77d7cf82b"
  8. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10: How to: Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10 How to Change the Name of a User Profile Folder in Windows 10 When signs in to the new account for the first time. A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you...