Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had this problem before, but twice in the last week it has taken me the better part of a day to get my computer back on its feet using a recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brentg, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Brentg Win User

Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot

I've had this problem before, but twice in the last week it has taken me the better part of a day to get my computer back on its feet using a recovery disk, command prompt, etc.
    When Windows 10 Update runs, it seems most of them fail, and when they do my computer won't boot giving me the "no boot device" message.
    It looks as if the version "Version:1903-OS Build 18362.900 and 1909-OS Build 18363.900" is set to try again at a restart after having tried 3 times. I've had all I can handle with these updates and have no idea what they do to my computer, causing it not to boot.
    Can someone tell me how to just turn them all off?
    Thanks

:)

Brentg, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 17, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. scraff Win User

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot - Similar Threads - Updates Computer Won't

2. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot: Computer just won't boot, still able to access bios but that's is, can't get to safe mode or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-boot/1d517481-eb9b-4f82-9245-2c8cfb908b4e
  3. Computer won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot: Split from this thread. Mine is doing the same thing bought it today and it just turns on acts like it will boot up then turns off and turns itself back on on a continuous loop From another post: I've tried booting in safe mode it wont work like I'm not joking bought this...
  4. Followed a Windows 10 update reset tutorial - computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Followed a Windows 10 update reset tutorial - computer won't boot: I'm going to try and keep the story short. I am using the Windows Insider preview 20.04 I followed a tutorial on how to reset the windows 10 update (I'm sure it's nothing to do with the method, just my system didn't like it) I downloaded the reg file, and then it was...
  5. Computer only boots BIOS, won't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer only boots BIOS, won't boot Windows 10: I searched in this thread for a while, and don't even know if I'm in the right place, but my brother's computer is having some issues. If the computer is completely off, and we turn it on, it immediately opens BIOS, and BIOS works perfectly. Windows 10 will not boot up, and I...
  6. Computer won't boot

Computer won't boot: Dear all, For a while now, I've found that my computer would often not boot when switched on. The fans would start, but nothing else would happen. I recently fixed this by changing the CMOS battery, but I am still unable to boot the Computer from sleep. Again, the fans...
  7. Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot: I can get into Safe Mode to see that "a recently installed bat binary is corrupt." When I tried downloading a fresh clean copy of Windows 10 it fails and I see "uninstall latest LCU failed - Error 0X490." Any thoughts?...
  8. Computer won't boot to windows 10

Computer won't boot to windows 10: My desk top HP would not boot but went into a loop or auto repair then trying to boot again. I can boot into safe boot, but not all the options work. I have tried all the suggestions here in the forum, but nothing seems to help. I have finally resorted to completely...
  9. Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot: A few weeks ago I took an update to Windows 10. When the system rebooted I received a white screen and an error saying "Can't read instructions form address blah, blah, blah'. I clicked OK and just had the white screen. Now, when I boot up I get the windows logo and the...
  10. Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Boot: Recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It was working fine I restarted a couple times and it all went well . I shut the computer down for about 20 minutes and when I tried to restart it I get nothing on the monitor. I can hear the hard drive start but...