Windows 10: Windows 10 updates could make your PC slower, but there’s a fix

Discus and support Windows 10 updates could make your PC slower, but there’s a fix in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The recent Windows 10 updates have several issues that are making it difficult for some users to use their PCs. According to reports, Windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 16, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 updates could make your PC slower, but there’s a fix

The recent Windows 10 updates have several issues that are making it difficult for some users to use their PCs. According to reports, Windows 10 update KB4535996, KB4540673 and possibly KB4551762 could make your PC boot slower than usual.

We don’t have enough data to identify the culprit—it could be a driver or software that is not compatible with Windows 10 update or the update itself is the problem. Many users have blamed optional update KB4535996 for performance issues and others have called out Windows 10 KB4540673/KB4551762.

Windows 10 KB4535996 update has been available since February 27 and not all users have it installed yet.

In theory, KB4535996 is a preview of March update and if you don’t have it installed on your PC, you’ll receive fixes and improvements introduced by KB4535996 in Windows 10 KB4540673. If both updates are not installed on your PC, all those fixes are included in KB4551762.

Microsoft hasn’t released a fix or acknowledged the bug, and even when they finally do, another set of issues could emerge on some configurations.

If your PC suddenly seems to slow down when booting or during general tasks, check to see whether any of these updates downloaded to your system.

If you are experiencing performance issues, you should uninstall the recent patches and test your device manually.

head to the Start menu and search for ‘Settings’. In Settings update, go to Update & security > View Update History. In the update history, check if you have installed KB4535996 and uninstall it from the Control Panel.

KB4535996 is an optional patch and it will not show up again when you check for updates next time. If you don’t have it installed, look for KB4540673 and uninstall it. Once you’re in, be sure to reboot your system multiple times and if you notice any improvements in boot time or overall performance, the update which you just uninstalled is the culprit.

In our three test machines, Windows 10 KB4535996 resulted in performance slowdown and uninstalling the patch restored the original performance of the hardware.

You should reinstall KB4540673 if the overall performance remains slow.

Whether you’ll be affected by this is determined by your system configurations, the apps and settings you use.

The post Windows 10 updates could make your PC slower, but there’s a fix appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Mar 16, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updates could make your PC slower, but there’s a fix - Similar Threads - updates slower there’s

2. How to fix Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting this your PC no change was make"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting this your PC no change was make": Lately, i got a lot of problem on my computer so I decide to reinstall the computer but it failsI have already tried:SFC/ scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthRen disable and enableStartup repairCreate mediaI also try System.001 and Software.001 but they both said...
  3. How to fix Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting this your PC no change was make"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting this your PC no change was make": Lately, i got a lot of problem on my computer so I decide to reinstall the computer but it failsI have already tried:SFC/ scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthRen disable and enableStartup repairCreate mediaI also try System.001 and Software.001 but they both said...
  4. How to fix Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting this your PC no change was make"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update 20H2 is making everything work slower

Update 20H2 is making everything work slower: Ok so, yesterday night, my Windows updated by itself. When I saw it, I was like amazed due to view. But at some point, I realized an issue. Everything got laggier. I was actually using the 2018 update earlier due to that it wasn't so damn laggy. Currently, watching a video...
  6. Windows 10 update could be damaging your SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update could be damaging your SSD: Since the 2400 update came out I can't access my external hard drive it is a WD . I keep getting this error in the device manager : " Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB set address request failed." What has to happen this...
  7. Users warn new Windows 10 update could slow down your PC

in Windows 10 News
    Users warn new Windows 10 update could slow down your PC: In 2018, Microsoft rebuilt its Internet Explorer successor ‘Edge’ to use the same foundations as Google Chrome. The Chromium-based Edge was finally released in January as a manual download on Windows 10, 7, 8.1, and macOS. Last month, Microsoft also started pushing a new...
  8. MICROSOFT ONEDRIVE MAKING MY PC SLOWER THEN A TURTLE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MICROSOFT ONEDRIVE MAKING MY PC SLOWER THEN A TURTLE: HI my pc was working very fast the last two week but from 3 days it has been working very slow takes about a minute to open an app sometimes and was booting on in about 8 to 12 second now over a minute can i delete this stupid app it is slowin my pc on top[ATTACH]...
  9. Does booting into windows with a USB drive make your pc slower?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does booting into windows with a USB drive make your pc slower?: Title says it all. I am also getting more ram if that will help speed things up. submitted by /u/Kyle1641 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdbedi/does_booting_into_windows_with_a_usb_drive_make/
  10. Updates Are Making My Laptop Slower

Updates Are Making My Laptop Slower: Hi, I want to ask a question regarding Windows updates. At first, let me list my laptop specs: Acer Switch 10 Intel Atom Z3735F 2 GB DDR3 32 GB eMMC Intel HD Graphics (integrated GPU) Windows 10 Home (32-bit) Usually, after a couple of months, I reset or reinstall...