Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 UPDATES CREATES PROBLEMS WITH MY DRIVERS LENOVO YOGA 3

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 UPDATES CREATES PROBLEMS WITH MY DRIVERS LENOVO YOGA 3 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lately I have problems when windows 10 generates automatic updates. 2 months ago my wi-fi mouse USB connection was not recognized.After a week non of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Herberth Roller, Apr 15, 2021.

1. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES CREATES PROBLEMS WITH MY DRIVERS LENOVO YOGA 3

Lately I have problems when windows 10 generates automatic updates. 2 months ago my wi-fi mouse USB connection was not recognized.After a week non of my USB ports is recognized. I have to pay a technician to solve the problem. It was okay after whatever he did, but he told me not tu accept WINDOWS 10 UPDATES.

Guess what. A new windows update maybe I accepted it again generates problems with my USB drives it is two month after I had the last problem. Non of the USB drivers is recognized.

I was thinking about to restore the former windows 10 update version that I did. But it could be just a temporary solution.

Originally my lenovo yoga 3 had windows 8.1 , but offer me to update windows 10. So it has been working pretty good for about 4 years. The problems is happening currently.

:)

Herberth Roller, Apr 15, 2021

2. Lenovo Yoga 3 11 Windows 10 Tablet Mode Problems

I had similar issues too but I now have my Yoga 3 11 working fine. Sorry its not that simple but this is roughly the procedure I went through:

• I did a full reset of Windows 10 (Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now (in advanced startup) > Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything).
      YOU MUST BACKUP EVERYTHING and save all your settings and bookmarks etc as this will remove everything from your computer. You will need to reinstall any apps and programs afterwards. This cleared up a lot of the glitches that occurred after
      the upgrade and helped a lot on all of my Windows 10 machines and although it takes a few hours it is well worth the effort.
    • After resetting install all Windows 10 drivers for the Lenovo 1170 (which is the Yoga 3 11) at the Lenovo driver website

http://support.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-1170
      . The most important one which fixes the screen rotation problem is the ITE sensor firmware update but the other one is the touchpad driver which fixes the soft keyboard
      issues. You should also install the firmware update (which is for Windows 8.1 64 bit but installs in Windows 10) as well as Harmony which also says it is for Windows 8.1 but installs in Windows 10. Harmony made my system automatically switch between tablet
      mode and desktop mode. I suggest that you install all of the Windows 10 drivers and cross check against device manager to make sure that you are installing the right driver.
    • I also remember that I installed Lenovo settings through the app store and it went on to redirect me to the Lenovo website to install further required software. I can't remember if it 100% required but it does no harm so I would recommend it. It may need
      to be done before installing Harmony.
    After all this everything should work okay except I have noticed when it is in tablet mode when you start your computer you need to open the Yoga 3 11 into the laptop position to type your password or pin number as the soft keyboard displays quickly then
    disappears. Also some programs do not automatically bring up the keyboard so I recommend in tablet mode long pressing the tablet mode task bar and selecting "show touch keyboard button".

I hope this helps.

StevenBickle, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC before this issue occurred?
    2. May I know the version of Windows are you using?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Check of Windows updates.

Suggest you to refer this article to Update Windows.

Method 2: Install driver through file repository.

1. Press Windows and R
    key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type Devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

3. Click on View and select
    Show hidden devices

4. The hidden devices will be visible now, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers.

5. Check if you have unknown device. If yes, uninstall it.

6. Search for USB 2 keyboard driver. Right click on the driver listed. Click on Update.

7. Select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
    Click on Browse.

8. Select the driver from C:\Windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository.

9. Select the appropriate driver and install it.

10. Proceed with the onscreen instructions to install it.

Method 3: Update driver from Lenovo Vantage.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type
      Lenovo Vantage and then select
      Lenovo Vantage.
    2. Click on "Download and Install Lenovo Updates for Your Device
    3. Check for updates

If the issue is not resolved try to update BIOS for Yoga
    Laptop (Lenovo)

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Method 4: Troubleshoot touchpad.

Refer this article to Fix
    touchpad problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Apr 15, 2021
  4. bradjoyce Win User

WINDOWS 10 UPDATES CREATES PROBLEMS WITH MY DRIVERS LENOVO YOGA 3

Lenovo Yoga 3 14"

Hi,

I have purchased a Lenovo Yoga 3 14 for my daughter and it came with windows 8.1 and the touch screen was working fine. I upgraded to windows 10 and the touch screen was no longer available.

I have tried the methods you have mentioned in this post but none have worked. except one WINDOWS 10 UPDATES CREATES PROBLEMS WITH MY DRIVERS LENOVO YOGA 3 :)

The windows + W did not start anything.

The windows update updates but there was no change.

In the device manager screen there are no devices with touch screen available to try and update.

The Lenovo download for the Yoga 3 14 has no windows 10 drivers available for the touch screen.

Here is what worked.

I clicked on the search maginifying glass and searched for troubleshooter and started it. Under Hardware and sound I clicked on configure a device. It detected a USB driver problem and corrected it. The touch screen now works WINDOWS 10 UPDATES CREATES PROBLEMS WITH MY DRIVERS LENOVO YOGA 3 :)

bradjoyce, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 UPDATES CREATES PROBLEMS WITH MY DRIVERS LENOVO YOGA 3

1. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES CREATES PROBLEMS WITH MY DRIVERS LENOVO YOGA 3 - Similar Threads - UPDATES CREATES PROBLEMS

2. Lenovo Yoga 3 and Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Yoga 3 and Windows 10 20H2: Dear Folks, sorry if this has already been solved on another post, but my Lenovo will not work properly anymore no touch screen, no SD card, no USBs, certainly because of Windows 10 20H2I had been refusing and/or reversing the update for months, but now I am stuck with a June...
  3. Windows 10 Driver problem, Lenovo IdeaPad 3, Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Driver problem, Lenovo IdeaPad 3, Touchpad not working: Hello,I bought 2 days ago a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 3, so I installed windows 10 and everything is okay when I plugged in a mouse the touchpad stop working even the numbers keys on the right side of the keyboard, I'm sure it's a software issue because I see the Attention...
  4. Lenovo Yoga 3 14 problem with 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Yoga 3 14 problem with 20H2 update: When updating Windows 10 to version 20H2 the process stops at 61% and ... nothing else happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-3-14-problem-with-20h2-update/35f03f27-76c4-41fa-b77c-51b3bd017dbe
  5. Lenovo Yoga Window's 10 camera

Lenovo Yoga Window's 10 camera: My Lenovo Yoga Window's 10 camera is just black - no picture to be taken. I've tried trouble shooting per device guides but no luck. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-windows-10-camera/6bfbd122-715e-4066-8e50-bcfc2a431efd
  6. Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems

Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems: Hello, I recently ran into a problem with my Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL Laptop. My speakers on the laptop will be at max volume 100 and the volume would sound very faint at 50% I can barely hear it. Watching any music or videos on it is difficult because I can barely hear...
  7. synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3

synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3: I have this problem with my lenovo's yoga 3 pro touchpad that stops working, if i go to device manager there's a I2C HID device with a yellow warning sign, it says device cannot start code 10, when i try to disable device, end then reenable it sometimes it comes back to work...
  8. Lenovo Yoga - Windows 10 - Bluetooth Driver Issues

Lenovo Yoga - Windows 10 - Bluetooth Driver Issues: Bluetooth decided to stop working after a Windows Update. I have looked in settings under "Bluetooth and other devices" but I do not have the bluetooth toggle on/off switch available. I have checked the drivers in the Device Manager and they are not appearing, at all. I...
  9. Keyboard problem windows 10 lenovo Yoga laptop

Keyboard problem windows 10 lenovo Yoga laptop: The-spacebar-on-my-keyboard-does-not-work,-nor-does-the-backspace-work-return-does-not-work-also. As-you-can-imagine-this-is-very-frustrating. I-have-checked-sticky-keys-is-not-on-i-have-updated-drivers. Help please. The problem is the issue is intermittent as you can...
  10. BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 3 11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 3 11: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and hope you guys can help me. I constantly get blue screens on my Lenovo Yoga laptop. It started about half a year ago and I tried everything but nothing seems to work. I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 and after getting a BSOD again,...