Windows 10: Windows 10 updates dated 9/14/19

Discus and support Windows 10 updates dated 9/14/19 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today, 9/24/19, my PC automatically downloaded (as usual) two Windows 10 updates and one Security update, all dated 9/14/19. I'm a bit confused by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Name Withheld ByRequest, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 updates dated 9/14/19

Today, 9/24/19, my PC automatically downloaded (as usual) two Windows 10 updates and one Security update, all dated 9/14/19. I'm a bit confused by the 10 day difference, but that's not the issue. In a nutshell, after these updates were installed, I practically fainted when I saw that my desktop picture had disappeared, most of my desktop icons had disappeared, and the remaining desktop icons and lettering were now extremely small (I prefer larger icons and NEED larger lettering). As I ventured forth (with trepidation), I saw that Dashlane (my password program) was GONE, along with all my passwords, name, address, etc. (thank goodness I never entered any credit card information)! Then when I went to put a different picture on the desktop, I was absolutely horrified to find that all my pictures were GONE!! (I think my heart stopped for about 10 seconds ... I know I didn't breathe, either!) All the print in my email program (Spectrum/Charter) was so teensy that I could barely read it. Then, rather than go the Restore Point route and I deleted the two Windows 10 updates, but I left the Security update intact. Thereafter, it automatically rebooted and ... voila! ... my desktop picture was intact, my icons were intact, the print was larger and (thank you, God!), my passwords were back in my Dashlane program!! I then froze any more updates for 5 or 7 days (I can't remember the exact number of days, offhand).

So, is there a question in all this? Yes, several! Am I the only one this happened to, or is everyone else at home (or at work), pulling their hair out after losing pictures, passwords, etc.? Was there a glitch in the updates or could this have been some other problem, such as a virus or a hacker? I have to say that, when I was using my refurbished Acer Chromebook, I never had a problem like this, although I wasn't happy when they said my laptop was "too old" for them to send updates anymore. With Windows 10, this was the second time this year that I had problems with their updates (the Night Light feature wasn't working properly, and I had to keep uninstalling those updates until Microsoft finally came up with a fix for the problem). Doesn't Microsoft test these updates before they send them out, to see if there are any problems? I wasted many, many hours with the Night Light issue, and I'm HOPING that these recent issues will be corrected much quicker. Thank you for listening, whoever you are!!

:)

Name Withheld ByRequest, Sep 25, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Release Dates

The guys over at Neowin.net have managed to get their hands on the internal schedule for the release of Windows XP Service Pack 3.

• April 14, 2008: Support is available for the release version of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP
    • April 21, 2008: Original Equipment Manufacturers, Volume License, Connect, and MSDN and TechNet subscribers
    • April 29, 2008: Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Download Center
    • June 10, 2008: Automatic Updates
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Sep 25, 2019
  3. SandyDR1 Win User
    i just updated on 9/14/19

I am not clear if you mean to do the first list and then the second list or if they are alternatives or if the first doesn't work i should try the second.

this happened right after taking the latest update 1903

I went through Microsoft help and talked to someone who had me reinstall windows 10 and update my Dell Bios to the latest version.

that did not help.

thanks for the quick reply

SandyDR1, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 updates dated 9/14/19

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updates dated 9/14/19

1. Windows 10 updates dated 9/14/19 - Similar Threads - updates dated

2. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  3. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  4. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help to verify a document created and updated date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help to verify a document created and updated date: I need to verify the creation date and last updated date of a Microsoft word file sent by my students are correct without tampered. are there any tools that i can use ? or its possible ?Thank you....
  6. Need help to verify a document created and updated date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to verify a document created and updated date: I need to verify the creation date and last updated date of a Microsoft word file sent by my students are correct without tampered. are there any tools that i can use ? or its possible ?Thank you....
  7. Need help to verify a document created and updated date

8. What is the correct syntax to search a date range for all Windows 11 updates in the MS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the correct syntax to search a date range for all Windows 11 updates in the MS...: What is the correct syntax to search a date range for all Windows 11 updates in the MS update catalog search window. I cannot find anywhere with the wildcards?I am trying to update an offline Windows 11 computer that has not been update since 8/2023 so i need 8/23 - 2/24...
  9. What is the correct syntax to search a date range for all Windows 11 updates in the MS...

What is the correct syntax to search a date range for all Windows 11 updates in the MS...: What is the correct syntax to search a date range for all Windows 11 updates in the MS update catalog search window. I cannot find anywhere with the wildcards?I am trying to update an offline Windows 11 computer that has not been update since 8/2023 so i need 8/23 - 2/24...
  10. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer: Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-office-documents-not-updating-datetime-in/f447ddaf-49c2-4516-9fa2-66f7cb63e542

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update to windows 1909 dated nov 14 2019