Windows 10: Windows 10 updates delete my sound

Discus and support Windows 10 updates delete my sound in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With the last two major updates, my sound disappeared. I tried a number of ways in efforts to retrieve it, but nothing worked. In the end, I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RodneyMartin3, May 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 updates delete my sound

With the last two major updates, my sound disappeared. I tried a number of ways in efforts to retrieve it, but nothing worked. In the end, I had to revert to my original version of Windows 10 to get my sound back.

Does this mean that I can never update my Windows 10? If so, this is simply not good enough. You have to FIX the problem!

:)

RodneyMartin3, May 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 Sound Problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, May 31, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 updates delete my sound

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 updates delete my sound

1. Windows 10 updates delete my sound - Similar Threads - updates delete sound

2. Windows 10 update has deleted my speaker sound options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update has deleted my speaker sound options: In the past I could connect an RC jack from my PC to my stereo and then choose various sound options, such as "nightclub", "cave", "movie" "3d", "opera", it would appear that in one of the windows updates it has deleted that driver. How do I get that option back?...
  3. Windows 10 Update Ruined My Sound >:(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Ruined My Sound >:(: I updated Windows 10 this morning and when I used my computer for the first time after that this evening, the sound wasn't working. If I just use the computer's speakers, absolutely no sound comes out whatsoever. If I use my earphones, there's a loud pop in the earphones for...
  4. downloaded windows 10 and it deleted my sound driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloaded windows 10 and it deleted my sound driver: hello my name is Bryan i just recently got windows 10 and everything was great until i tried to listen to some music ...and the sound didnt work i tried updating the sound drivers but it tells me there is nothing there to update...please help.....
  5. Windows update literally just deleted my network and sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update literally just deleted my network and sound.: I am very bad at explaining things, but I'll try my best. The latest Windows update just f**ked up my whole sound and ability to have WiFi basically. I have no way to connect to them. It's like they were deleted from existence. The sound icon appesrs in my taskbar, but has a...
  6. The sound card on my M81 Lenovo ThinkCentre was deleted by an update to Windows 10.

The sound card on my M81 Lenovo ThinkCentre was deleted by an update to Windows 10.: I have tried dozens of suggested fixes - including buying an external sound card. deleting and reinstalling other audio devices; automatic driver updates software - and got the same suggested fixes and resulting error messages. Anyproven solutions? And would using the new...
  7. Windows update deleted sound card

Windows update deleted sound card: We had windows do an update it was the preview update in windows 10 it removed everything I got what I needed back except for my sound the speaker has a red x and when you go to devices it said no device connected, I went to the website and it won't let me load any my pc is a...
  8. the update deleted my sound

the update deleted my sound: I had windows 10 and it did a preview update and removed everything i'm fine with that but I can't get my sound it does not even list a sound card so I can't update it , the speaker in the bottom right has a red x on it. I tried all the fixes that HP said but it doesn't help...
  9. Windows 10 update deleted my files

Windows 10 update deleted my files: There must have been an update with Windows 10. I have not used my laptop since April 15. I logged in yesterday and my password was not accepted. Once I did her access, I found all my files were GONE! MS where are my effen files!!!!’...
  10. The new Microsoft Windows 10 Oct 2018 update deleted the sound drivers of my device.

The new Microsoft Windows 10 Oct 2018 update deleted the sound drivers of my device.: I own a Asus FX553VE and the recent update deleted my sound drivers after update and restart. I complained about it to Microsoft Support but there wasn't any response. I had to go through 3 hours of hassle to research what was going on with my device. Then I got to know that...