Windows 10: Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem

Discus and support Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Windows Updates ran last night. again it deletes the external usr robotics 5637 fax modem usb and windows fax and scan stop working. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanHern, Jan 26, 2019.

1. AlanHern Win User

Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem

Hi

Windows Updates ran last night. again it deletes the external usr robotics 5637 fax modem usb and windows fax and scan stop working. Windows fax and scan will not recognize modem. deleted modem driver. turned off windows fax and scan feature. reinstalled modem. re-turned on feature windows fax and scan. USR classic phone tools recognizes and faxes from the old DOS type window. So fax modem works. Windows fax and scan does not recognize the attached reinstalled modem. Device is greyed out and can not change modem. Says I can not connect to modem in trying to set up fax account inside windows fax and scan.

:)

AlanHern, Jan 26, 2019
  2. it's meXZ Win User

Windows 10 Fax and Scan doesn't recognize external modem

I use Windows 10 Fax and Scan as my fax program. It was working fine until a few days ago when it stopped recognizing my modem, says I don't have an account, and my history is gone . Windows device manager says the modem is working fine. How can I get Fax
    and Scan to once again find my modem?

Thanks for any light you might shed. I have made sure the most current drivers for my modem are installed.

it's meXZ, Jan 26, 2019
  3. USB Modem not working in windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 and the Windows Fax and Scan is like new, did not carry over the list of sent faxes from before. But the problem is that the modem is not recognized. I have a plug in 56K Modem from Dell and it was set
    up and working great.

Where could I find the modem listed. I couldn't see it on the Device list.

Thank you and I would appreciate some feedback.

Best Regards,

LILIANA T MARIN, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem

Fax and Scan does not recognize my Modem

Windows Fax and Scan does not seem to recognize that my modem is a fax modem.

W10 Pro 10586

Modem: US Robotics 56K Fax PCI (Internal Modem)

The modem worked on this computer running Windows 7

I don't recall if I've tried it since installing W10.

This was a clean install of W10.

There is a Fax printer in Devices and Printers.

I can start WFS

Navigate to Tools/Fax Settings

Although the Device name is present, the option to "Select Fax Device" is grayed out.

Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem a88851cb-1afd-432b-9c1a-458e74da4d38.png

If I select OK, WFS continues to be unable to send a Fax

If I navigate to Tools/Fax Accounts/Add Account, it tells me I need to Connect to a Fax Modem. If I go through the options, choosing the defaults to try to attach a modem, although it seems as if it might be connecting, I eventually get to an error message
    telling me I need to connect to a Fax Modem:

Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem 22cae1ea-ed41-4c4d-a497-4b879a67b8dd.png

And if I continue, the program will eventually become non-responsive.

• I could not find anything relevant in the Event Viewer, but I might not be looking/searching in the right place.
    • I have disabled, rebooted, and re-enabled the Windows Fax feature
    • I have removed and re-installed the modem in Device Manager
    • I have physically removed, cleaned, and reseated the modem card
    • I have executed the modem diagnostics in Device manager with no errors reported
    • I can make telephone calls from Outlook 2016
    • And, as I wrote above, this card did work when I was running Windows 7
    Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

RonRosenfeld, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem

1. Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem - Similar Threads - updates deletes fax

2. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan/Modem: I used to be able to fax from this computer using Windows Fax and Scan, but no more. Now, when I try, I get the setup page and it tells me there is no modem. Under Phone and Modem, it indicates I have LSI PCI-SV92EX, Attached to: Not Present. What do I need to do to resume...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan/Modem: I used to be able to fax from this computer using Windows Fax and Scan, but no more. Now, when I try, I get the setup page and it tells me there is no modem. Under Phone and Modem, it indicates I have LSI PCI-SV92EX, Attached to: Not Present. What do I need to do to resume...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.

Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.: I have been using Windows Fax and Scan for several years. Recently I have not received any faxes. When I check the settings of my computer my fax modem is present in Device Manager and seems to be working correctly. When I tell Fax and Scan to send a fax it says I need a fax...
  6. Windows Fax & Scan <=> Modem Connection Problems

Windows Fax & Scan <=> Modem Connection Problems: Windows Fax & Scan can’t talk to my modem. Symptoms: Fax and Scan says that it encountered an unexpected error when trying to send a fax. Modem Log 02-15-2019 15:45:24.783 - Initializing modem. 02-15-2019 15:45:24.794 - Send: AT<cr> 02-15-2019 15:45:24.881 - Recv:...
  7. Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan: How many fax modems are supported on Windows Fax and Scan? I have two modems connected to Windows 10 Pro and I can connect to either one but not both. After I connect to either one the option to add a connection to a local modem is not available....
  8. fax modem

fax modem: I have a Lenovo H520s - Intel G2020 2.9 GHZ - 4 gigs RAM and 1T hard drive. Running Windows 10. I assumed that it came with a fax modem and I tried to set up the fax and scan but the set up wizard can not find any modem. Is it just not installed or do I not have one? How do I...
  9. fax modem and fax service

fax modem and fax service: Hi there. Got a Conexant USB modem CX93010 ACF. Yesterday, after the upgrade to Win 10, I was able to receive faxes, but there is no log being kept, no faxes saved as it was with Win 8.1. It just prints them out. Today it does no longer receive them. Sending has not been...
  10. Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem: I've uninstalled and reinstalled my fax modem driver. Device Manager shows it as "LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem." And "This device is working properly." From within Windows Fax & Scan: I've tried adding an account to the Fax Accounts list. I cannot connect to my fax modem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connecting modem for windows fax and scan

2. windows fax and scan wont recognize modem

3. windows 10 cannot detect 56k modem

4. Windows fax software doesnt recognize modem,
  5. windows 10 not recogjnizing fax modem