Windows 10: Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop.

Discus and support Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The past two updates have removed sound from my HP Pavilion x360. The drivers are up to date - I just bought this laptop August 2018. Again I will have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SDPierson, Oct 22, 2018.

1. SDPierson Win User

Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop.

The past two updates have removed sound from my HP Pavilion x360. The drivers are up to date - I just bought this laptop August 2018. Again I will have to restore my computer to a backup - a very long process that leaves me without a computer for hours. This is VERY INCONVENIENT. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANOTHER UPDATE UNTIL YOU FIX THEM!

:)

SDPierson, Oct 22, 2018
  2. SKatFixIt Win User

Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop

I have HP Spectre 64bit laptop that came with Windows 10 and is less than a year old. Every time windows installs a new update, my audio output device, which is Bang & Olufsen speaker, disappears. I have to use HP Recovery Manager to reinstall Audio Driver,
    which is somehow deleted by Windows update. The driver name that is getting deleted is Conexant High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver version 9.0.69.0.

To me, it looks like a defect in Windows 10 update software. It is extremely annoying and should not be happening.

Is there any way for me to prevent windows updates from deleting my audio output device?

P.S. Microsoft, you need to fix this defect!

SKatFixIt, Oct 22, 2018
  3. No Audio Output Device is installed

I clicked the link you gave me. HP told me to download "HPSupportSolutionsFramework-12.3.11.29" to check drivers that can be installed. After I download and install this solution framework from HP, the webpage proceed to next step and tell me that Windows update may have driver for me. It tells me to go to windows update and search for driver.

I did what it told me to do. But the windows update don't have anything for me to update or install.

For this case HP suggest me to open device manager to install the missing driver. (I'm referring to section "Update other specific components" under the "Installing updates in Windows 10" title in the webpage HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model? | HP® Customer Support)

HP suggest me to right click on the driver that I want to update to update. But as shown on the image I provided in my previous post, I cannot see any "audio inputs and outputs" tab or audio driver. I only see audio controller in the "System device" tab. (and these controller have the "!" sign on them for some reason)

Am I meant to do something to the audio controller?
    Or should I install a new audio driver? (if so, how do I install one?)

Anonymous123, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Puffy1 Win User

How to install audio output device?

I HP laptop, I am using windows 10. On task bar, it shows, no audio output device is installed that makes me deprived of enjoying music.

Please anyone help me in installing audio output device.

Thanks.

Puffy1, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop. - Similar Threads - updates deletes audio

2. Windows 10 - No audio output devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - No audio output devices: There is a bug in the Windows 10 Operating system which prevents audio devices from being recognized. Every device in Device Manager says that it is working properly.This is the same issue found...
  3. My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. My audio output devices have disappeared. Not just no devices installed, but no devices listed in Device Manager. Tried troubleshooting and still no devices found. Tried connecting USB speakers, but those were not detected either....
  4. Windows 10 - No audio output devices

Windows 10 - No audio output devices: Hi there, On my Windows 10, Audio stopped working completely. Windows sais "no output devices found" and "no input devices found". There are a lot of threads for this problem but no fix worked in my situation. Most solutions revolve around reinstalling and fixing...
  5. Windows 10 no audio output device

Windows 10 no audio output device: I have an HP Pro 3515. It has been updated to Windows 10. I have tried ALL of the suggestions, rollback, disable, uninstall,, complete reset, HP support, nothing has worked. It looks like it is a known bug from a Windows update. Additional information: Looking at the...
  6. No audio output device installed on my HP envy using windows 10

No audio output device installed on my HP envy using windows 10: My audio output device randomly disappeared from my HP Envy running Windows 10. Devise drivers say they are installed correctly but no device detected...
  7. Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop.

Windows 10 updates deletes my audio output device on HP laptop.: The past two updates have removed sound from my HP Pavilion x360. The drivers are up to date - I just bought this laptop August 2018. Again I will have to restore my computer to a backup - a very long process that leaves me without a computer for hours. This is VERY...
  8. HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound: I have a HP Laptop that has no sound. It says I have no audio output device installed I am running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-it-says-i-have-no-audio-output-device/811794bc-81f3-4979-ad02-4581878904f2
  9. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803

"No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803: Before anything else, I want to state that I've already tried the following methods to troubleshoot this: - Uninstalling and reinstalling Intel(R) Display Audio driver. (only audio driver that showed) - Searching for driver updates. - Clicking on the small sound tab with a...
  10. No audio output device is installed. Windows 10 laptop.

No audio output device is installed. Windows 10 laptop.: I have no sound from my laptop after an update. Things I have tried: restart pc, didn't work update drivers, didn't work uninstall device, didn't work I have[ATTACH] what appears to be two devices I have tried uninstalling both individually, to no avail. I think I...