Windows 10: Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time

Discus and support Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What can I do to prevent Windows 10 updates from disabling my Taskbar toolbars? It is such a waste of time to reset my toolbars after every Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Donna Davenport, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time

What can I do to prevent Windows 10 updates from disabling my Taskbar toolbars?

It is such a waste of time to reset my toolbars after every Windows 10 update!

:)

Donna Davenport, Nov 1, 2018
  2. colparis Win User

Modification date of link files (lnk) is updated when clicked, and if they are in a toolbar

I'm on Windows 10, and I customized a toolbar in my taskbar, with links to programs (Notepad, Paint, Calc, ...). The steps I followed are:

• Create a folder MyToolbar
    • In this folder, add the shortcuts to notepad.exe (notepad.lnk) and mspaint.exe (mspaint.lnk)
    • Right click on the taskbar, chose Toolbar, then New Toolbar
    • Chose the folder MyToolbar
    • A new toolbar is created in the taskbar
    Every time I click on one of these icons to launch a program, for example Notepad, the modification date of notepad.lnk in the folder MyToolbar is updated.

This is annoying: because of this behavior, the synchronization program I use updates this file each time I click on it.

Can you reproduce this bug? Any solution?

colparis, Nov 1, 2018
  3. No Jo Win User
    Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked.

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

However here is a solution:

Remove the Language Toolbar from the Taskbar by unticking (unchecking) it in the list of Toolbars. It will then float and will not show up in your Toolbars list or on the Taskbar.

Logoffs, Restarts and full Shutdown/Poweroff/Startup will all retain the Toolbars as set.

Hope this helps someone.

No Jo, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time

Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What are you exactly referring to when you say “Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar”?
    For testing, I suggest you to create a new user account and check the status of this issue.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Reply us back with the results. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time

1. Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time - Similar Threads - updates disable Taskbar

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. windows 10 taskbar autohide disables every time i plug in

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 taskbar autohide disables every time i plug in: Is there a way to prevent the autohide taskbar feature from turning off every time I connect my laptop to a dock/external monitors? This used to work properly, but has for some time reset every single time I connect so I have to manually reset it every time....
  4. windows 10 update 2004 taskbar toolbar alignment

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 update 2004 taskbar toolbar alignment: I place a number of folders in my taskbar using the toolbars function. I typically place the toolbars to the left of the main taskbar icons between the start menu and the "pinned" icons. I have these toolbars setup so one icon is shown and the rest of them are in a menu...
  5. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons: I've been looking all over the paces and was not able to find any inteligent answer. Recently I lost my icons sort order for Quick Launch toolbar. any time after I move icons around to place all in some logical (to me) order, the next time I reboot the computer they are...
  7. Enable or Disable Rearranging Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Rearranging Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Rearranging Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Rearranging Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  8. Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  9. Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen...
  10. Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open,...