Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 UPDATES: DISAPPEARING PASSWORDS/LOGINS, CREDENTIALING

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 UPDATES: DISAPPEARING PASSWORDS/LOGINS, CREDENTIALING in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since August 2020, all saved passwords & log-ins have completely disappeared from browsers Edge v.86.0.622.38 & Opera v.71.0.3770.228 which update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jrm48, Oct 10, 2020.

1. jrm48 Win User

WINDOWS 10 UPDATES: DISAPPEARING PASSWORDS/LOGINS, CREDENTIALING

Since August 2020, all saved passwords & log-ins have completely disappeared from browsers Edge v.86.0.622.38 & Opera v.71.0.3770.228 which update automatically -- no listings of saved anywhere in files; also use Firefox, no problem there. Outlook 2010 & Quickbooks Pro 2014 credentials were screwed up mid-Sept but seem resolved with 9/19 or 9/20 updates. Have re-entered all passwords/logins 4x, it's ridiculous! This bug affects both personal & business transactions. Don't know in which type of update, there are bugs, i.e., Defender Antivirus, cumulative, quality. Two tech sites report bug is known to MS, with volumes of user complaints, this is October, guys! Any update on progress to fixing this issue is appreciated.

:)

jrm48, Oct 10, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    Windows 10 multiple system login crap! [Solved!] Thanks to Kursah!

Windows 10 Sign in: Password, PIN, Picture Password

Using login credentials is best practice, and is going to be more and more among the norms. You can bypass needing a password if you're NOT using a Microsoft account. But if you are, that's an online linked account...wouldn't make any sense to be able to automatically login to a sync'd account without credentials would it?

If you're using local accounts or non-domain accounts, you don't need to have a password to login. See link above, you'll be able to make the changes you need by following that, in a few minutes your frustrations will be gone. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Steeboo Win User

Managing Credentials with no password

How do I access my password list - when I am running my PC without any Windows login or password ?

I have built my laptop using Windows 10 / 64 - without the need/requirement for any login or password

In order to see a Web Credentials password, you are required to enter a Windows credentials password - which I do not have (because I have built the PC without the requirement for such a login) .....(although I have tried my Hotmail login - which gives me
    access to email but fails to give me access to Web credentials)

What can I do to view my password list ?

And Eashwar Kumar - rather weirdly (for an IT pro) asked me the following - yesterday

1. I am referring to the passwords held in the CREDENTIAL MANAGER (in the control panel)

2. I am referring to ALL of my passwords

3. The Credential Manager is independent of browser !

[Merged]

Steeboo, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES: DISAPPEARING PASSWORDS/LOGINS, CREDENTIALING - Similar Threads - UPDATES DISAPPEARING PASSWORDS

2. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box disappeared on Login Screen: My login box has disappeared on one of my computers. I have recreated the user account restarted the computer, and even ran Windows updates, but the issue is still present. I had an identical issue on one of my other computer, and the user account recreation worked, but in...
  3. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password box disappeared on Login Screen: My login box has disappeared on one of my computers. I have recreated the user account restarted the computer, and even ran Windows updates, but the issue is still present. I had an identical issue on one of my other computer, and the user account recreation worked, but in...
  4. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  5. Login Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Credentials: My remote LAN PC's keep asking for login credentials but I use a PIN to log into the computer on my LAN that has the network drive I need to access. What do I use on my network computers to access the computer with the network drive?...
  6. Windows Credential Password

Windows Credential Password: I had to replace the hard drive on one of my computers. I did not have a backup as it was merely a work station, so I had to reload software from Manufacture's restore discs & then upgrade to windows 10. Now when trying to access some but not all of my network computers, I...
  7. Windows updated but won’t login & password box has disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated but won’t login & password box has disappeared: So I updated windows 10 and when it boots up to the login screen the password box has dissapeared but there’s still a login button. The login button doesn’t work & so I tried doing a shift restart to pull up the recovery environment screen. From there I tried every recovery...
  8. Login credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login credentials: Are my log in credentials automatically stored on my hdd/ssd? can someone view it if they have/stole my pc? P. S. I don't wanna use Bitlocker though. submitted by /u/MrRightknow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8zhyq/login_credentials/
  9. Windows Credential Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Credential Password: I misplaced my credentials password to log in and check on other stored passwords. How can I find it or get a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-credential-password/584aeba4-918b-4969-96e1-5326493f5dc1"
  10. Credential provider allowing login with no password

Credential provider allowing login with no password: Hello, I've done a custom credential provider, as the one in the microsofts examples. until now, I'm able to work well with it, but I need to change the credentials needed for the authentication (i.e. login in the user account without the password). I believe that to...