Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates Do not allow you to backup your computer first

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates Do not allow you to backup your computer first in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Updates do not allow you to backup your computer first instead they install automatically. This had really got me stumped due to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hip3zioed, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Hip3zioed Win User

Windows 10 Updates Do not allow you to backup your computer first

Windows 10 Updates do not allow you to backup your computer first instead they install automatically. This had really got me stumped due to Windows 10 technical experts always suggest you to backup your computer especially if you are updating to a new Windows 10 OS build. This recently happened to me regardless if MS Windows 10 has an option in Recovery to go back to the last OS build update if the user is having problems. Doing so going back to the last Windows 10 OS build update can cause a lot of issues since after the newer MS Windows 10 OS build update there are other updates that come along to work with that new MS Windows 10 new OS build update. Microsoft needs to write a better update to allow users to backup their files and folders prior to a Microsoft Window 10 update, a critical update such as a new MS Windows 10 OS build update.

:)

Hip3zioed, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 25, 2019
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Updates Do not allow you to backup your computer first - Similar Threads - Updates allow backup

2. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?": How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-do-you-want-to-allow-this-website/81ae0b3b-845e-420d-8ba3-57ebb7784c18
  3. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?": How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-do-you-want-to-allow-this-website/81ae0b3b-845e-420d-8ba3-57ebb7784c18
  4. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?": How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-do-you-want-to-allow-this-website/566a1c56-4356-4d8b-be21-9a9235eef506
  5. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?": How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-do-you-want-to-allow-this-website/566a1c56-4356-4d8b-be21-9a9235eef506
  6. How to Disabled "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microsoft Edge will allow you to choose if the browser asks you for your computer's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge will allow you to choose if the browser asks you for your computer's...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mm45xy/microsoft_edge_will_allow_you_to_choose_if_the/
  8. When you do a fresh install of Windows 10, do you backup your local Onedrive folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When you do a fresh install of Windows 10, do you backup your local Onedrive folder?: If you have files stored on onedrive, they are in effect, in your local onedrive folder AND online in your onedrive account. If you are to freshly install Windows 10, is it necessary to backup the local onedrive folder, or do you just wipe, install, and sign in to onedrive...
  9. Do you use your computer while it's running a full local backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Do you use your computer while it's running a full local backup?: I have Easeus todo backup, I never use my computer while it's running a full backup because I think it might cause a problem with the backup. I can't find any info on this subject. 136482
  10. Windows 10, "Your Organization does not allow you .."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, "Your Organization does not allow you ..": Hello, After the new Windows update, for some unknown reason to me, I am not able to access my C and D drive. It appears that I somehow have an organization, and in addition, that organization forced me to change my PC Pin to 6 digits instead of 4 and blocked me from...