Windows 10: Windows 10 updates don't complete what can I do?

Discus and support Windows 10 updates don't complete what can I do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This seems to happen every time I am notified of an update, I get the message while im doing something on the PC stating the PC needs to be reset, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielFoxton, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 updates don't complete what can I do?

This seems to happen every time I am notified of an update, I get the message while im doing something on the PC stating the PC needs to be reset, I select for it to remind me later and then opt to update and shut down when I go to bed. The next day when I turn the computer back on the PC spends a very long time on its boot up page, the on that shows the manufacturer, then if i am patient it moves onto a please wait message I assume to be from windows. This often stays on the screen for ten minutes or more before the screen goes blank and I have to move the mouse to turn it back on, when I do I end up on the log in screen and when I try to log in it always tells me my password is incorrect and I have also noticed that the icon that displays my connection to the internet states that I am offline. The only thing I can do at this stage is select the option to shut down using the menu available on the log in screen and then when I boot the PC back up I get a message on a black screen that says something like restoring to a previous version of windows. After this the PC will let me log in with my usual password and everything works normally, though it seems a bit slow today after logging back in.

When logging back in, including today, the notifications state that an update has failed to finish installing updates but the option to update and restart no longer appears. Does anyone know what's causing this and what I can do to prevent this in future?

:)

DanielFoxton, Jul 18, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 updates don't complete what can I do? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Valeriu Win User
    Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Windows 10 updates don't complete what can I do? [​IMG]

Valeriu, Jul 18, 2018
  4. chispy Win User

Windows 10 updates don't complete what can I do?

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 updates don't complete what can I do?

1. Windows 10 updates don't complete what can I do? - Similar Threads - updates don't complete

2. I can not complete updates for windows 10, the message is "Unable to complete...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not complete updates for windows 10, the message is "Unable to complete...: I can not complete updates for windows 10, the message is "Unable to complete updates,undoing changes, Don't turn off your compute, I also got the message 0x800f0922.Over and over my system restarts to get that continuous message of "Unable to complete updates, undoing...
  3. I can not complete updates for windows 10, the message is "Unable to complete...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not complete updates for windows 10, the message is "Unable to complete...: I can not complete updates for windows 10, the message is "Unable to complete updates,undoing changes, Don't turn off your compute, I also got the message 0x800f0922.Over and over my system restarts to get that continuous message of "Unable to complete updates, undoing...
  4. I can not complete updates for windows 10, the message is "Unable to complete...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I am using Windows 10 22h2 and cannot complete updates. What can I do to get updates?

I am using Windows 10 22h2 and cannot complete updates. What can I do to get updates?: I've taken information from the Community and done DISM and Sfc/scannow several times when I got an error code x800f0922 back in late August and could not install updates. That did not correct the problem. So, at that time, I did not have the time to work on the problem and...
  6. I am using Windows 10 22h2 and cannot complete updates. What can I do to get updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using Windows 10 22h2 and cannot complete updates. What can I do to get updates?: I've taken information from the Community and done DISM and Sfc/scannow several times when I got an error code x800f0922 back in late August and could not install updates. That did not correct the problem. So, at that time, I did not have the time to work on the problem and...
  7. I am using Windows 10 22h2 and cannot complete updates. What can I do to get updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know what to do: I messed around with the registry once I upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro following the instructions of some youtube video WITHOUT BACKING UP. Basically it was just setting some values to 0 so that microsoft doesn't track my activity and overall make my computer faster....
  9. What do I do if Updates do not complete?

What do I do if Updates do not complete?: Cumulative Update KB4598242, said installing 100%. Sat there forever, then started over. Went to 22%, and now frozen there. Should I restart my PC. appears I cannot do anything else, like load a game while that is going on. Began at 8:20AM it is now 9:26 AM and still...
  10. Windows 10 updates do not complete

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 updates do not complete: I have a client that states: I receive a notice that I have a new update to install and to restart to complete the update. I restart the computer but the update never completes. I have attached a windows update log to this post. 111454