Windows 10: Windows 10 updates fail because the computer hangs when it reboots.

Discus and support Windows 10 updates fail because the computer hangs when it reboots. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 updates fail. The computer hangs when it reboots but can be restarted by powering off and on. Get a message about the failed update being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardG21, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10 updates fail because the computer hangs when it reboots.

Windows 10 updates fail. The computer hangs when it reboots but can be restarted by powering off and on. Get a message about the failed update being removed and the computer proceeds to do just that. It starts successfully after a bit of a wait.Does anybody know what's going on? Would a reinstall fix the problem?Thanks.

:)

RichardG21, Jun 26, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 26, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows 10 updates fail because the computer hangs when it reboots.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 updates fail because the computer hangs when it reboots.

1. Windows 10 updates fail because the computer hangs when it reboots. - Similar Threads - updates fail computer

2. Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update KB5016616 hangs on reboot after install: I'm trying to update to the latest Win10 update released on 8/8/22. Ever since that update was downloaded the machine hangs on the required reboot after the install. I have disabled updates until I can find a fix. I've tried to download the update and install manually but get...
  3. Windows 10 hangs during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 hangs during reboot: When i trying reboot windows 10 it turning off monitor, mouse and keyboard but PC not restarting. It just stays here with working fans but not booting again.Shutdown and cold boot works fine.That is trouble of Windows 10, not hardware or BIOS, because when I run Windows 7 on...
  4. Windows 10 hangs during reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 hangs during reboot: When i trying reboot windows 10 it turning off monitor, mouse and keyboard but PC not restarting. It just stays here with working fans but not booting again.Shutdown and cold boot works fine.That is trouble of Windows 10, not hardware or BIOS, because when I run Windows 7 on...
  5. Windows 10 hangs during reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update: I had a Windows 10 update on my computer yesterday and it couldn't complete fully. After, it was stuck on a blank screen, so I shut the power off on my computer. This caused my computer to restart over and over again. It will show the windows logo then showing on my screen...
  7. Windows fails to reboot when trying to update to 1903.

Windows fails to reboot when trying to update to 1903.: Current version 1703. Using update assistant to update to 1903. Downloads and installs just fine. It then asks me to reboot, but problem is when reaching the black screen with the blue windows logo. The "Dotted Circle" which spins around DOES NOT APPEAR, it remains stuck in...
  8. Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots!

Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots!: Windows 10 Pro (current build fully updated) hangs on startup after update reboot, before displaying the Logon UI! I resolve this by interrupting startup twice to force Windows to perform automatic startup repair, the I select Advanced startup option > Troubleshoot > Startup...
  9. Windows 10 1809 update hangs on reboot, then hangs on recovery

Windows 10 1809 update hangs on reboot, then hangs on recovery: When I try reboot my PC to install update 1809, it stays stuck forever on the blue shutdown screen, with the spinning blue dots and the counter at 0%. Here's the output from the last operations in Panther\setupact.log: 2018-10-06 01:29:33, Info SP...
  10. Windows 10 anniversary update fails and hangs computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update fails and hangs computer: I have been running Windows 10 on a pretty plain Dell Inspiron. Today it asked if I wanted to install an update so I let it. After almost an hour of showing a progress meter and seeming to finish that phase, it rebooted and proceeded to seem to install but then put up a...