Windows 10: Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop

Discus and support Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My husbands has a Lenovo Idea pad 320 that came with Windows 10. It has never worked properly since he got it as it instantly needed Windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alisona0224, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop

My husbands has a Lenovo Idea pad 320 that came with Windows 10. It has never worked properly since he got it as it instantly needed Windows updates. The updates running in the background render the computer unusable and when they are downloaded, the screen goes black in the middle of whatever he is doing and then he gets an error message that says "Unable to Install updates" and the process starts over. He has tried to completely turn off any updates and it has no effect whatsoever.

We have tried Online/cleanup-image/restore health that was on the Windows trouble shooting site and almost everything else we have read on the Microsoft site, but still this laptop with windows 10 is unusable. On the update page, there is a list of all the faileld updates which are constantly running in the background.

Is there any way to get these updates to work, or to actually turn off updates?

If we reinstall the OS, will he lose all of the files stored on the computer? He is job hunting and really needs a functioning laptop. These crashes in the middle of applying to jobs is maddening and there appears to be no way to get Windows 10 to function on this laptop. I have two laptops with Windows 10 and while the updates are annoying and I will likely not buy another Windows product due to the increasing limitations of trying to use any non-Microsoft applications, my laptops are at least functional.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:)

alisona0224, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Sep 15, 2018
  3. AS_95 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Reboot in endless loop

I updated my HP Windows 10 Pro laptop with the recent Windows 10 Anniversary update. It was successful for the most part however the last update reboot went into an endless loop for more than 24 hours, so I have tried Shift+F8 at Power-on and the self repair
    has failed, the rollback to previous install has failed, now I am doing reinstall to factory setting while saving my data. It has also been in endless loop for more than 12 hours. Can someone please suggest a solution?

Also I had the same endless loop reboot problem on my Desktop upgrade, however I was able to overcome by aborting the reboot with Ctrl-C. I suspected that my Norton Antivirus may be keeping in the endless loop so I uninstalled it. My desktop issues is now
    resolved.

However the same Ctrl-C is not working on Laptop. Also my laptop does not have antivirus but Windows Defender, so it is not the same issue there. I suspect it is some driver that is not compatible, but I not sure how to override or rollback to previous install?

AS_95, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop

Window 10 update loop and I can't get it fixed.

Hi Archie,

To better assist you, follow the steps on how to Fix Endless Reboot Loop after Windows 10 Update:

• Open Settings.
    • Update & security.
    • Windows Update, and select "Check for updates".

Be informed that, an additional update will be downloaded and installed to your Windows 10 computer to fix endless reboot loop.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Julie Ram, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop

1. Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop - Similar Threads - updates fail caught

2. Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update: exact steps to install the update manually?Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎8/‎16/‎2020OS build 19042.867Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0...
  3. Windows caught in restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows caught in restart loop: I was having an issue with Windows connecting to my network drives so i restarted it. When I went to restart it, Windows said it was fixing C: I let it do its thing and when it restarted it asked me for my username and password which was unusual. Before I could get the...
  4. Caught in a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caught in a BSOD loop: At my wits' end! Started my Windows 10 PC today to find myself stuck in a Blue Screen boot loop with varying stop codes in no particular order: Unexpected kernel mode trap Driver overran stack buffer Driver IRQL not less or equal (ACPI.sys) IRQL not less or equal Interrupt...
  5. Windows 10 1909 update caught in an endless restart cycle

Windows 10 1909 update caught in an endless restart cycle: I was upgrading to Windows 10 1909. I started the update at approximately 1 a.m. It is now 6 am and the update is not yet complete. Continue restarting, display a Undoing changes made screen and that's it. I have been doing this for at least two hours. What should I do?...
  6. windows 10 update endless loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 update endless loop: I have a surface pro I bought feb 2019 and have used very little. I also purchased Office but never entered the key. Windows 10 kept trying to update windows but it would always fail. The last time it started making update changes but then a small empty square with a white...
  7. Windows 10 in endless loop of restarting

Windows 10 in endless loop of restarting: So today Windows forced me to update my PC out of nowhere and after 1 hour and 25% I restarted my PC to hopefully fix the issue of the speed. When it turned back on again it seems to be in this endless loop of: turn on>show bios and launch windows>tell me that it is undoing...
  8. Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop

Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop: Hi, I've had this issue for probably close to a year now. I've been hoping eventually one of the updates will fix the issue, but it never does. And what used to just happen once a month or so then became once a week, and now multiple times a day. If I'm not around to...
  9. Windows 10 1903 update caught in an endless reboot cycle

Windows 10 1903 update caught in an endless reboot cycle: I just was updating to Windows 10 1903. I began the update at about 12am. It is now 5 am and the update is still not complete. It keeps restarting, flashes a Undoing changes made screen and that's it. Been doing this for two hours at least. What do I do? I can run a repair...
  10. Windows 10 endless loop

Windows 10 endless loop: Hello, Windows 10 did its ordinary update by itself and after that my cpu run 100% all the time. So i decided to get it back to older version, but now my laptop is in endless loop. It is really frustrating. I can't do nothing except accessing to command line prompt when i...