Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm also having issues with KB3074683. I was fiddling for over an hour in order to get it working (involved removing SoftwareDistribution, DISM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shadow Delta, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Undedist Win User

Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

I'm also having issues with KB3074683. I was fiddling for over an hour in order to get it working (involved removing SoftwareDistribution, DISM checks/rechecks, etc.). I've given up by now & will give it a try tomorrow, perhaps they'll release a 'proper' version of it.

Undedist, Jul 27, 2015

2. Yet another failure.. I Downloaded the Windows Pro ISO file from Microsoft using their Download too and made a USB and clean installed the thing, And yet the same issue prevails
    Fails again, Security update is failing while the normal updates like
    gets past the line without any issues. Not sure what is going on.!
    *Mad*Mad

Shadow Delta, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Undedist Win User
    Undedist, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Could you please explain the steps which you did to resolve the issue with the update? The link seems to include too much data to process, Explain how you managed to get it working and perhaps that can mark the issue as solved. *Smile

Shadow Delta, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Undedist Win User
    The issue _should_ only affect users with Nvidia drivers (which Windows 10 will gladly install for you). However, the driver installation adds a new user profile with a broken profile link, which KB3074683 doesn't "like that much" since the profile path cannot be found.
    So basically, all you have to do is to remove the "false" user profile key from the registry.

Quoting Aaron44128:

Undedist, Jul 30, 2015
  6. chicoysan Win User
    Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. [​IMG]

These are the updates I'm currently having trouble with. I already tried getting help from Microsoft themselves but they suck and it's already been a couple of days since these updates were rolled out. I've already tried a couple of fixes namely Windows update diagnostic, Mr. Fix (but it doesn't support Windows 10), and a few registry cleaners (but they don't support Windows 10 too). I've tried searching for help online but nobody else seems to have the problem but us or they're just too dumb to notice. At this point, I'm not thinking of another clean install. It takes too long and I have a lot of paperwork to finish.

chicoysan, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Superfly Win User
    You can download 79 and 83 from Wzor - I'll have to upload 78 for you though - a bit later.

Superfly, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

I don't have an Nvidia device and i could see only 4 profiles in the registry
    Faulty profiles may not be the issue and the sfc /scannow returned successfully without finding out any integrity violation.

and I also downloaded the package
    and tried to install that offline too, but that also fails every time, Av on Av off nothing seems to get this issue resolved, really worried about this update since until this gets past i can't install any other updates either. The hide tool, might be useful but still an update is an update.. *Sad

Shadow Delta, Aug 1, 2015
  9. fahrbot Win User
    I had the same problem, in the end I did Win10 to Win10 upgrade with the MediaCreation tool. It's pretty painless process as it kept all my settings and programs. DISM and SFC didn't find any problems and I didn't seem to have any ghost accounts either.

fahrbot, Aug 1, 2015
  10. OK, so all I need to do is : remove the "false" user profile key from the registry. So please, tell me, which registry hives do I search and for what, or please direct me to the specific placements in the hives and I could then, hopefully, blow away any user grouping that isn't supposed to be in the group!

edit: After reading through a mess more at various sites, I came upon this: https://superuser.com/questions/9483...d95501c234ad3c
    and the salient point is to get your registry editor (regedit for us po folk), drive on over to:
    and start looking at each entry under the profileimagepath key for a user that does not belong by comparing that entry against what you have under USERS in whatever you use for Windows Explorer. I went this route, deleted the entire group under ProfileList that contained a profileimagepath that I believed wrong (did not now exist) - each entry of mine that I inspected, to help you locate that which I am referring to, started with
    where the litttle x's stand for numbers ranging from the single digit to hyphenated monsters and to my honest absolute surprise (things don't usually go this good for me - I was anticipating a complete re-install of Windows...) 683 installed without a problem!!!

edit 2- btw, though I thought I had an nvidea driver, mine shows as an intel(R) HD Graphics driver...

brucemc777, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Sunain Win User
    I too also have Intel HD graphics so I wonder if its something related to that driver that's stopping the updates from installing. I still have yet to be able to get any of the new updates to install with .240

Sunain, Aug 2, 2015
  12. Mine is also and Intel HD graphics. There seems to be a new link in the case now. And the profile list as i have listed about does not contain any invalid user information.

Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. [​IMG]

Shadow Delta, Aug 2, 2015
  13. JRBonser Win User

I am having the same problem as well with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro.

I do not have an Nvidia or Intel card, I have two ATI video cards.
    There are no erroneous profiles in my ProfileList.

I have tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and it has not helped.

This is pretty aweful.

JRBonser, Aug 2, 2015
  14. I'm downloading 32 bit version of Win10 Pro now, and gonna do a clean install. (again for the 4th time!) *Sick This update is driving me crazy! *cry

Shadow Delta, Aug 2, 2015
  15. Papa Joe Win User
    I'm just like you Shadow.I'v hidden the update untill know what to do. I'v erased Kaspersky, eradsed Superuser profile, erased Nvidia drivers, erased my patiente.So I'll sit back and wait untill something comes around.But...i know myself and it will drive me CRAZY untill i find out what to do.

Need a solution!!!

P.s SIMIA a Tenforuns user said that this particularly update was installing on the wrong driver (?) and he fixed it(!).Gow can we fix something like that? Ideas?

Papa Joe, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. - Similar Threads - Updates fails install

2. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  3. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  4. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  5. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  6. "l2tp connection attempt failed" even after KB5010793

"l2tp connection attempt failed" even after KB5010793: Hello, I'm having serious issues with VPN right now and it makes me impossible to work. After Windows Update, I can't connect to VPN anymore.The same issue happened before but I resolved it by manually remove KB5009543, but today that did not work after another forced update...
  7. Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.: I am running "Window 10 Home, Version 1909" on my Dell desktop XPS 8700. For last few times, installations of updates is failing. Now, I tried the following:Run update manually.Install Window version 21H1 Nothing is working! Now, on the update page, it is saying "Your device...
  8. Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.: Basically my Lenovo Legion laptop could no longer receive major updates after 1903 or 1909, each time they'd fail to install so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows and start clean. Lo and behold, the default installation I get with my retail USB version is...
  9. Update install attempts failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  10. Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts: Since the Anniversary update was first released I have tried to install it every so often. My most recent attempt was last week, tried 3 times, but each time it failed when my laptop overheated and shut down during the process. But now the update no longer shows up when I...