Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After installing 32 bit, The update tend to progress upto 19% (1% Increase from previous times on 64) But in the end it failed also regardless of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shadow Delta, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

After installing 32 bit, The update tend to progress upto 19% (1% Increase from previous times on 64) But in the end it failed also regardless of the increment. So, The one thing i have to do is to hide this sh*** update.

Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. [​IMG]

Shadow Delta, Aug 3, 2015
  2. XYZ
    xyz Win User

Okay but = How do you know what is the "false" user profile key" and how/where do I find this ?

so I don't delete something which I should not (because I have little/no knowledge of Registry things) !

thanks

(I have intel Core 3 but not intel graphic card!)

neither am I sure where/how to find this mentioned: UpdatusUser = or where to find SID that should not be there!?

I did find this after reading another Forum:

is this what you mean???? There was another one like this but that one had my user name - this is not my user name (Gast)

3. phantom Win User
    Thank you for this thread. In this forum I found the solution for the KB3074683 Update problem:
    (probably for user of Nvidia Geforce only)

1. Open the tool regedit and go to this string:
    Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList[/quote] 2. Search from here for "ProfileImagePath" in the sub-keys
    3. Look for the entry "UpdatusUser" and delete the complete string with "C:\Users\UpdatusUser"
    4. Install KB3074683 Update
    5. Restart your PC

For me it works!

Tipp: Before you delete the string above export it for your safety!

phantom, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

2. Search from here for "ProfileImagePath"
    3. Look for the entry "UpdatusUser" and delete the complete string with "C:\Users\UpdatusUser"
    4. Install KB3074683 Update
    5. Restart your PC

For me it works!

Tipp: Before you delete the string above export it for your saftey![/quote] As i have said in the above posts, there is no UpdateusUser or anything as such listed in the Registry.. Please do read the replies, the same have been suggested early but when there is no such entry. I ran a search on regedit and it returned without success.

Shadow Delta, Aug 3, 2015
  5. XYZ
    xyz Win User
    2. Search from here for "ProfileImagePath"
    3. Look for the entry "UpdatusUser" and delete the complete string with "C:\Users\UpdatusUser" [/quote]
    Thanks a lot phantom that's a really helpful clear description (just what this comp dummy needed) - but there is no such "UpdatusUser" on my ProfileListe - there are only two C:\Users\...? = one with my "User Name" = and one with the name "Gast" (which might be the German word for Guest) no "UpdatusUser"

the whole thing is weird!

by me I saw that KB3074683 keeps trying to install but failing - and in the shown list of all updates (settings/Update & Security/Advanced Options/ View Update History) it is not shown other than as 5x failed install = but if I click on Uninstall Updates I see it listed as having been installed 29July15 !?! IN DISM I keep getting referred to Error: 0x800f081f source cannot be found - even not from a Flash download! Tomorrow I will try to do an in-place upgrade from the Flash - as I don't have anything else to try

thanks once again

6. phantom Win User
    Hi xyz,

hast du denn auch wirklich die Suche benutzt?
    In einem der Unterschlüssel, bei mir beginnen die mit (S-1-5-...) fand ich bei einem der Schlüssel die Zeichenfolge "ProfileImagePath" mit dem fehlerhaften Eintrag "C:\Users\UpdatusUser" .

Allerdings nutze ich tatsächlich eine Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT, es soll sich ja angeblich um ein Nvidia Treiberproblem handeln.

Dieses blöde Update KB3074683 hat mich 4 Tage genervt, leider läßt sich dieses Update nicht mehr wie in Windows 7 deaktivieren.

Sorry folks, I can't use Private Message. *Wink And for your information, I use a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT

phantom, Aug 3, 2015
  7. XYZ
    xyz Win User
    Hi phantom, ja hab ich - hab auch kein Nvidia , wird morgen ein in-place upgrade versuchen!

was ist mit: wushowhide.diagcab ? Versucht?

8. phantom Win User

Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Nee, von dieser Möglichkeit höre ich zum ersten mal. Aber das ist jetzt erst mal nicht nötig.
    Interessanter weise funktioniert das Workaround nur bei einigen. Schade, dass ich dir nicht helfen konnte.

phantom, Aug 4, 2015
  9. suse1990 Win User
    Well, this is my first post and I just thought I'd pitch in with a solution as this thread was a great source of help and I thought I'd return the favour.

Basically, based on the error code I got from the event viewer I began to suspect that the system reserved partition was to blame for the problem... and it was. Essentially in my case it was a combination of two problems. Firstly the system reserved partition had errors that prevented me from resizing it and secondly the error code suggested that it was too small in the first place.

So basically what I did was mount the partition using diskpart and then scan it using chkdsk. this fixed the errors and I then used minitool partition wizard to resize the partition and enlarge it. The update installed straight away after this. Hopefully this will be of some help to you all and maybe solve this problem.

suse1990, Aug 4, 2015
  10. Papa Joe Win User
    Got IT! Got it! GOT IT! Solved the problema with &%$%$% KB 3074683 thanks to Brucemc and Shadow Delta:

For me it worke hope it will work for you because I almost went crazy about this update!

Go to search
    Type Regedit
    Serch for : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    Search from here for "ProfileImagePath" in the sub-keys
    Look for the entry "UpdatusUser" and delete - NOTE - DELETE ALL the GROUP that has Updatus User in it - ALL THE GROUP
    Restart your computer
    Instal KB 3074683
    Restart your computer

And tell us about it!

NOTE IMPORTANT - EXPORT THAT GROUP BEFORE DELETING IT.WITH REGEDIT WE DON'T WANTO TO FULL AROUND:JUST IN CASE...

Papa Joe, Aug 4, 2015
  11. Papa Joe Win User
    But don't Worry guys! If this don't work for you the update that was realesed today "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081424)" will install everything that this bad bad badddd updat didn't - Read this :

"Windows 10 updates are cumulative. Therefore, this package contains all previously-released fixes (see KB 3074683). If you have installed previous updates, only the new fixes that are contained in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer."

Papa Joe, Aug 4, 2015
  12. JRBonser Win User
    No luck, this update failed as well.

JRBonser, Aug 5, 2015
  13. JRBonser Win User

What should I be looking for in the Event Viewer on my system?
    What size should the reserved partition be? Mine is 500GB and there is 175MB free.
    How exactly do I mount it and check for error?

JRBonser, Aug 5, 2015
  14. madan26 Win User
    I am using windows 7 ultimate and not able to install windows 10.

I am not able to go beyond this. Also with the windows update tool I have tried and it failed at 33% without any message. Please advice.

madan26, Aug 5, 2015
  15. Directly download the windows 10 ISO file and put that in a USB and start the update or do a clean install.

Shadow Delta, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. - Similar Threads - Updates fails install

2. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  3. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  4. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  5. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  6. "l2tp connection attempt failed" even after KB5010793

"l2tp connection attempt failed" even after KB5010793: Hello, I'm having serious issues with VPN right now and it makes me impossible to work. After Windows Update, I can't connect to VPN anymore.The same issue happened before but I resolved it by manually remove KB5009543, but today that did not work after another forced update...
  7. Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.: I am running "Window 10 Home, Version 1909" on my Dell desktop XPS 8700. For last few times, installations of updates is failing. Now, I tried the following:Run update manually.Install Window version 21H1 Nothing is working! Now, on the update page, it is saying "Your device...
  8. Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.: Basically my Lenovo Legion laptop could no longer receive major updates after 1903 or 1909, each time they'd fail to install so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows and start clean. Lo and behold, the default installation I get with my retail USB version is...
  9. Update install attempts failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  10. Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts: Since the Anniversary update was first released I have tried to install it every so often. My most recent attempt was last week, tried 3 times, but each time it failed when my laptop overheated and shut down during the process. But now the update no longer shows up when I...