Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Has anyone found a solution for non Nvidia Users? I tried all the solutions listed but nothing worked (I don't have those registry entries). This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shadow Delta, Jul 26, 2015.

1. sandro87 Win User

Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Has anyone found a solution for non Nvidia Users? I tried all the solutions listed but nothing worked (I don't have those registry entries). This is annoying also because when it fails installing, it automatically restores windows settings after rebooting (ie i loose language settings for another accounts)

sandro87, Aug 5, 2015
  2. mikeyp Win User

I don't have Nvidia and the registry fix and sfc scan did not work for me. What did work was to run the MediaCreationTool and save the Win 10 install to an ISO. I then right clicked and mounted the ISO and run the setup from the mounted ROM (no need to burn to USB or DVD) to reinstall. It should pull the updates down as part of the reinstall. This worked a charm for me.

Hopefully this helps others.

mikeyp, Aug 5, 2015
  3. sandro87 Win User
    So basically you just reinstall like an upgrade? With no formatting?

sandro87, Aug 5, 2015
  4. mikeyp Win User

Yes it prompts as an upgrade, there is no formatting. Just make sure when you create the ISO you choose the same language pack as your version (check your language pack in control panel > Languages). Needs to be same language pack else when you run the option to keep your files and apps is greyed out.

mikeyp, Aug 5, 2015
  5. sandro87 Win User
    When I start it it asks for upgrade or create media for another PC, what should I choose? I guess the latter?

Thank you!

sandro87, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Papa Joe Win User
    Try it with the deleting of updatus user Jr.

Papa Joe, Aug 5, 2015
  7. sandro87 Win User
    I don't have that user or I couldn't find it.

sandro87, Aug 5, 2015
  8. mikeyp Win User

Yes create media option.

mikeyp, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Papa Joe Win User
    Do this:It's very easy:

For me it worke hope it will work for you because I almost went crazy about this update!

Go to search
    Type Regedit
    Serch for : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    Search from here for "ProfileImagePath" in the sub-keys
    Look for the entry "UpdatusUser" and delete - NOTE - DELETE ALL the GROUP that has Updatus User in it - ALL THE GROUP
    Restart your computer
    Instal KB 3074683
    Restart your computer

And tell us about it!

NOTE IMPORTANT - EXPORT THAT GROUP BEFORE DELETING IT.WITH REGEDIT WE DON'T WANTO TO FULL AROUND:JUST IN CASE...

Papa Joe, Aug 5, 2015
  10. sandro87 Win User
    I don't have "UpdatusUser"

sandro87, Aug 5, 2015
  11. mikeyp Win User
    I didn't have that user either. Hence why I run the upgrade ISO.

mikeyp, Aug 5, 2015
  12. sandro87 Win User
    OK that worked, time consuming but it worked. I hope no other update will cause the same problem...

sandro87, Aug 5, 2015
  13. JRBonser Win User

Okay, so I think I figured my problem out.

I had moved my Program File & Program Files(x86) from my SSD drive to a different drive and updated the registry settings to default it to the new drive.

This time when I re-installed windows I didn't do that and the udpates appear to be working fine.

I guess it does not like it when you change the Program Files drives in the registry. I will just have to remember to manually do it when I install new software.

JRBonser, Aug 6, 2015
  14. It did work! awesome dude.

razorsedgenl, Aug 6, 2015
  15. sandro87 Win User
    That's another story since I didn't change the folders.

sandro87, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. - Similar Threads - Updates fails install

2. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  3. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  4. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  5. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  6. "l2tp connection attempt failed" even after KB5010793

"l2tp connection attempt failed" even after KB5010793: Hello, I'm having serious issues with VPN right now and it makes me impossible to work. After Windows Update, I can't connect to VPN anymore.The same issue happened before but I resolved it by manually remove KB5009543, but today that did not work after another forced update...
  7. Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.: I am running "Window 10 Home, Version 1909" on my Dell desktop XPS 8700. For last few times, installations of updates is failing. Now, I tried the following:Run update manually.Install Window version 21H1 Nothing is working! Now, on the update page, it is saying "Your device...
  8. Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.: Basically my Lenovo Legion laptop could no longer receive major updates after 1903 or 1909, each time they'd fail to install so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows and start clean. Lo and behold, the default installation I get with my retail USB version is...
  9. Update install attempts failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  10. Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts: Since the Anniversary update was first released I have tried to install it every so often. My most recent attempt was last week, tried 3 times, but each time it failed when my laptop overheated and shut down during the process. But now the update no longer shows up when I...