Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Fafhrd i did that once but it seems i have do this every other day what do you think/ feel i need to do to totally correct this hang up Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shadow Delta, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Fafhrd
    i did that once but it seems i have do this every other day

what do you think/ feel i need to do to totally correct this hang up

njnitehawk, Aug 6, 2015
  2. alawi Win User

Not work for me too on Lenovo Z50?

alawi, Aug 6, 2015
  3. HELLO !

I am having exactly the same problem on a lenovo computer with these 2 updates.

What can we do ?

Thank you.

buythiscomputer, Aug 6, 2015
  4. sandro87 Win User

Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

read a few posts back, what it was suggested to me worked!

sandro87, Aug 6, 2015
  5. 2. Search from here for "ProfileImagePath" in the sub-keys
    3. Look for the entry "UpdatusUser" and delete the complete string with "C:\Users\UpdatusUser"
    4. Install KB3074683 Update
    5. Restart your PC

For me it works!

Tip: Before you delete the string above export it for your safety![/quote] I would strongly advise restoring the settings after the windows update has installed as the account is created by the Nvidia software for it's update service.
    Heaven know how the driver got past the WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) checks.

MikeWilliams, Aug 8, 2015
  6. You must re-import the group otherwise your driver updates for the nvidia card will be broken.

MikeWilliams, Aug 8, 2015
  7. I did nothing and these updates finally installed automatically, maybe the solution was just to wait ?

Thank you for this forum <3

buythiscomputer, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Or M$ fixed the issue Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. :)

MikeWilliams, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Sooze Win User
    Eh well, seems I can't update anything. Can't get any of the Apps to update, let alone get the important cumulative update(s) (see screenshot). I haven't been able to use Mail since a couple of days after I upgraded to 10.... Not competent enough to mess about too much with things on my computer - the instructions I read in all the relevant threads all seem to complicated or scary to do, I have no idea what they are talking about, so before I leave it too long and can't do it, I am now going to revert to lovely Win 8.1. Bye bye and good luck to those who stick with 10. Was really looking forward to using it and had an open mind about it when everyone else I know was ridiculing it and poo-pooing the thought of it, but it just doesn't seem to work on my pc. *Sad

Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. [​IMG]

Sooze, Aug 10, 2015
  10. Papa Joe Win User
    Wait! Don't despere.

Go to settings and disable the drivers update first.Let´s just install the other updates.

Have you got nvidia drivers?

Papa Joe, Aug 10, 2015
  11. Sooze Win User
    Hi, wasn't sure how to disable the drivers update, but anyhow, not to be beaten by this, I rolled back to 8.1, then upgraded to Windows 10 (Home) again. I disconnected my printer, too, and then went to the HP website and downloaded the latest drivers, which have been updated for Win 10. Downloaded and installed, tested printer and it works - but still have that annoying Windows Update for my printer that won't install and I can't see how to get rid of it either. I don't need it now. Also, so far, things that weren't working before, like Mail and Store, are all ok now.*Smile

Sooze, Aug 10, 2015
  12. Marioo Win User
    Hi. I ve tryed to follow theses tips but I could no find "UpdatusUser" in the subkeys!!! What is wrong about tha!!! Thanks anyway!

Marioo, Aug 12, 2015
  13. MNMary Win User

I posted this earlier, but it may have been in the wrong place.

In researching the problem with the Cumulative update KB3081436 failing to install. I went to the View history in Windows Updates and uninstalled KB3081424. That did the trick! After uninstall, PC rebooted and installed KB3081436. Apparently that was blocking the download and install of KB3081436 Cumulative update for Windows 10 for x64-based systems.
    (I don't know if it blocked all the other downloads/installs or not)

I then ran Check for updates and it now shows everything is up to date.
    I hope the automatic update works next time. I'd hate to go through all this again!
    Mary

MNMary, Aug 12, 2015
  14. Marioo Win User
    I have not found this update KB3081424 since my last one is kb3076949. I have search several tips on youtube but always get some doubts about what to follow. Thanks a lot mary!!!

Marioo, Aug 13, 2015
  15. Cumulative and security updates fails every time, while the other driver and normal updates gets installed without any issues or concerns. :/ There is something really wrong going on.

Shadow Delta, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts. - Similar Threads - Updates fails install

2. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  3. KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5022913 Fails to install after multiple attempts.: Hello.This update will not install after multiple attempts.: 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913 Error 0x800f081fNote: KB4023057 installed successfully.Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎20/‎09/‎2022OS build...
  4. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  5. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  6. "l2tp connection attempt failed" even after KB5010793

"l2tp connection attempt failed" even after KB5010793: Hello, I'm having serious issues with VPN right now and it makes me impossible to work. After Windows Update, I can't connect to VPN anymore.The same issue happened before but I resolved it by manually remove KB5009543, but today that did not work after another forced update...
  7. Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple attempts to update "Window 10 V 1909" failed.: I am running "Window 10 Home, Version 1909" on my Dell desktop XPS 8700. For last few times, installations of updates is failing. Now, I tried the following:Run update manually.Install Window version 21H1 Nothing is working! Now, on the update page, it is saying "Your device...
  8. Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.: Basically my Lenovo Legion laptop could no longer receive major updates after 1903 or 1909, each time they'd fail to install so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows and start clean. Lo and behold, the default installation I get with my retail USB version is...
  9. Update install attempts failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  10. Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to get Anniversary update after multiple failed attempts: Since the Anniversary update was first released I have tried to install it every so often. My most recent attempt was last week, tried 3 times, but each time it failed when my laptop overheated and shut down during the process. But now the update no longer shows up when I...