Windows 10: Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates

Discus and support Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Users payed for OEM included with laptops, payed for internet access, they deserve to have the choice to start or not an update. Is not only about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IuliusBarbu, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates

Users payed for OEM included with laptops, payed for internet access, they deserve to have the choice to start or not an update. Is not only about scheduled restarts. Updates are starting without control, net bandwidth is brought to a halt, nothing else can be played or done online until is finished.

Last Windows 10 update to 1809, meant for me 6h to finish just to find myself with both GPU drivers disabled and impossible to update or unblock. Took other 4h to find the right working driver for Intel HD 4000, to be able to remake the Intel Nvidia graphs which as you know work together. Plus graphical on screen buttons missing for luminosity or sound. I am a visual impaired person, the brightness and gamma on the default monitor made impossible any work or further visual activity. I was smart enough to find solutions. My entire Sunday free time was lost. And I can continue.

People should have the right they payed for honestly to Microsoft and third party laptop manufacturers to CHOSE to star tan update or not and WHEN. At least to be able to document about changes that are being brought, to save or backup files BEFORE watching powerless how their device says "don't shutdown..." . In my opinion you are forbidding a natural right of free will while can anytime damage a private property. I could work very well on the preinstalled Windows 8.1 that came with the laptop. If the only choice to update ON DEMAND asks for pro license, this is incorrect.

Little by little may laptop disk space, net band, CPU and RAM resources became only a support of never-ending MS updates while also risking to have a complete stop and need to be reinstalled from scratch. I've read tens of posts saying same things, lack of any control, that got deviated on "ability to schedule restarts". Restarts that should never happen before asking if an update can be started first.

Please Microsoft consider this, honest paying users should not be treated like that. It is SIMPLE, do your job and allow us to CHOOSE to use it or postpone it. Thank you.

:)

IuliusBarbu, Feb 25, 2019
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 25, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates

1. Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates - Similar Threads - updates Home Edition

2. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  3. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  4. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  6. Windows 10 Home automatic updates

Windows 10 Home automatic updates: My disk drive size is increasing is day by day. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, it is not a virus issue and I think it is happening because of WINDOWS UPDATES.I had 23 GB space left 8 days ago, now I have 21.2 GB left, I did not install/download anything new since then. I am...
  7. Windows 10 Home automatic updates

Windows 10 Home automatic updates: Hello! I am using Windows 10 Home ver 2004 for a few weeks now. Is there any way I could stop Windows PERMANENTLY from updating itself automatically? I have tried disabling the Windows update service, but it re-enables itself after a while....
  8. Windows 10 Home automatic updates

Windows 10 Home automatic updates: Hello! I am using Windows 10 Home ver 2004 for a few weeks now. The windows updates are eating up my disk drive space continuously. Just want to know, is there any estimate for the maximum amount of space these updates will take? Is there any upper limit to it or will these...
  9. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition: I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is...
  10. possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1: Seems, I read that the home premium edition automatic windows updates could not be disabled like win 8.1 can in services can anyone confirm this? *Smile 11558