Windows 10: Windows 10 updates hanging for the 5th time. Every time the computer gets extremely hot,...

Discus and support Windows 10 updates hanging for the 5th time. Every time the computer gets extremely hot,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Well, the title kind of summarizes my issue. I'm on Windows 10 Home edition, 10.0.17763. It's happened like 5 times now, Windows updates run,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by roin.w09, Jul 19, 2020.

1. roin.w09 Win User

Windows 10 updates hanging for the 5th time. Every time the computer gets extremely hot,...

Hi,

Well, the title kind of summarizes my issue. I'm on Windows 10 Home edition, 10.0.17763.

It's happened like 5 times now, Windows updates run, computer restarts or attempts to restart, the process hangs, and it seems like the PC is doing some intensive processing, with no apparent purpose other than melting down my USD $ 2000+ worth gaming laptop.

I'd please like to know how to fix this, hopefully without having to spend a thousand hours of my valuable time researching how to fix a software product that I paid for and should work properly, but that, instead of doing so, is going to extreme lenghts in an attempt to destroy my hardware.

It feels to me like, regardless of what I do, whether it's spending the time to research and fix it myself or wait for my computer to blow up thanks to these Windows updates, I'll end up losing that money paying with my wasted personal time or having to renew a broken laptop. This is *NOT* how things should be.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Roin.

:)

roin.w09, Jul 19, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I can't get update KB3035583 on my windows 7 SP1 laptop, also I was missing the optional language packs updates, I have tried "resetting" windows updates http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/91738-windows-update-reset.html and I have tried stopping and restarting the windows update service, did not help.
    Would anyone have a suggestion on how to get this KB3035583 update? It's genuine windows 7 SP1 home premium.

Edit: Is this windows 10 upgrade only for people who bought (a computer with) windows 7 SP 1?
    I bought this laptop with windows 7.

Windows 10 updates hanging for the 5th time. Every time the computer gets extremely hot,... winupdates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jul 19, 2020
  3. RDR2518 Win User
    Date and time change every time I get back on the computer.

Original Title: Date and time settings Windows 10

I have been upgraded to Windows 10 on my pc for around four months, and the date and time settings have never been a problem. Then I noticed the time was wrong, and so I went into settings and changed it to the correct time. I have no idea why it did that,
    but now I have to fix it every time I get back on the computer. Any suggestions and/or answers to this?

RDR2518, Jul 19, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 updates hanging for the 5th time. Every time the computer gets extremely hot,...

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I had the message on my built systems and the laptops.

AsRock, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updates hanging for the 5th time. Every time the computer gets extremely hot,... - Similar Threads - updates hanging 5th

2. Hot to suppress gaming advertising every time I login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hot to suppress gaming advertising every time I login.: Will appreciate assistance to stop the gaming advertising every time I log in. It takes some time to load the page and I am simply not interested....
  3. Hot to suppress gaming advertising every time I login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hot to suppress gaming advertising every time I login.: Will appreciate assistance to stop the gaming advertising every time I log in. It takes some time to load the page and I am simply not interested....
  4. Computer freezing/hanging at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing/hanging at random times: Hey all Recently my computer custom built has been freezing which usually starts with audio cutting out then the screen Freezing along with all the mouse and keyboard inputs. The only way I can solve it is by holding the power button and then Turing the computer back on which...
  5. Updating screws with my computer every time!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating screws with my computer every time!: How come after every "update" something goes wrong with the computer and it slows down a lot. I put off updating as long as I can, cuz it sucks. I hate it....
  6. Every time windows 10 updates I get problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time windows 10 updates I get problems: I asked a question yesterday, why windows updates cause me to lose wifi connection and now also, Word has layout problems since latest update session. I had a response from JWilliams786, asking for more information. I responded with." Hi Julian, my wifi card driver is up to...
  7. Every time windows 10 updates I get problems

Every time windows 10 updates I get problems: Every time windows10 updates I get problems normally I lose the WiFi connection. I updated on 06/19/19 and now cannot perform system restore (permission denied) and in Word I cannot set the margins. Any ideas?...
  8. 5th Time that my computer has “died”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5th Time that my computer has “died”: It’s the 5th time for me that my PC has had to have been repaired at this point, all of the technicians have told me that the hardware is fine so I know that for sure. I’m starting to believe that its my applications that im downloading: Roblox Steam Discord Teamspeak...
  9. Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

Computer works on updates every time it is turned on: Every time I turn my laptop on, it says it is working on updates and works on this for a while before turning on. It does this everytime the computer is turned on and online I can only really find suggestions that say to turn automatic updates off which I have always had off,...
  10. No Bluetooth on computer after Windows Update and NO restore point - 5TH TIME IN A YEAR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Bluetooth on computer after Windows Update and NO restore point - 5TH TIME IN A YEAR: This is the fifth time in a year that I have had this problem. It is ALWAYS after a Windows update and is 100% a Windows problem. Windows also repeatedly turns off my system restore protection at some point without my knowledge. I have repeatedly turned it on for both of my...