Windows 10: Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings

Discus and support Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently updated my windows 10, and the past two updates have wreaked havoc on my sound settings. The first update where this happened was a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Megamantrinity, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings

I recently updated my windows 10, and the past two updates have wreaked havoc on my sound settings. The first update where this happened was a while back, I updated windows and Realtek HD disabled all my Aux ports. Not sure why, but I had to google how to find the GUI and turn them back on.

I just last night did a new update, I had been putting off because of my experience with the last update, and now all I have is speakers and Realtek Digital Output. this is a problem because I normally use my speakers (using a headset to play video games) or I set it for my TV that I use as a monitor via HDMI. My sound output doesn't give me the option to set it to the TV anymore.

I hope someone can figure out my problem with how horribly I describe it. I am at a loss, and Google isn't helping this time. I am a novice when it comes to windows 10 and I am feeling old and stupid.

submitted by /u/Megamantrinity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Megamantrinity, Jun 21, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings :p

cadaveca, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    How to change "sound control panel" settings in Windows 10

Hi,

If the sound format settings goes back to cd quality after restart, we suggest you check if sound enhancement is enabled. Driver enhancements give you some special sound effects that will enhance your audio experience. To disable the enhancements, simply follow
    the steps provided below:

• Click Start.
    • Type Sound in the Start search box and click Sound from the available options.
    • On the Playback tab, click Speakers and then click Properties.
    • Click the Enhancements tab and then select the Disable all enhancements check box.
    • Then follow the steps by Vanessa Yar to change the sound format, Click on Apply then Ok.

We also suggest you update the driver of your audio. Generally speaking, updated drivers deliver better functionality and improved performance. For the most part, you certainly want to upgrade your drivers unless you have a very specific reason for not wanting
    to do so. To perform the task, simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this

link

If you require any further information, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings

How to change Windows starting sound in Win7?

Right click on your desktop then from the list choose Personalise and this window should open.

Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings 12345.jpg

If you look at the bottom of my pic you should see the windows sounds option, I have put a red circle round this in the pic.

Click on sounds and another box will load and here you should have the option to change the startup sound.

Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings 123.jpg

You can choose you own sound by using the browse button.

You can also use the dropdown list to set a windows sound and this should not effect any other sounds as far as i remember.

animal007uk, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings

1. Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings - Similar Threads - updates keep changing

2. Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo: Nearly every time I go to play something I have to right click on the sound icon in the toolbar and reselect ATMOS. Windows constantly sets the sound output to STEREO.I have seen this question asked several times and each time the suggestion is to re-install the sound...
  3. Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo: Nearly every time I go to play something I have to right click on the sound icon in the toolbar and reselect ATMOS. Windows constantly sets the sound output to STEREO.I have seen this question asked several times and each time the suggestion is to re-install the sound...
  4. Windows sound keeps changing sound settings and reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings: Please help me. Each time Windows makes an update, I lose all of my settings and desktop files. In addition, my taskbar items are deleted and replaced with Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, etc. What can I do to prevent this from happening? I have paused updates but when it...
  6. Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings

Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings: Please help me. Each time Windows makes an update, I lose all of my settings and desktop files. In addition, my taskbar items are deleted and replaced with Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, etc. What can I do to prevent this from happening? I have paused updates but when it...
  7. Windows Updates Keeps Changing my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 keep changing my audio setting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keep changing my audio setting?: My main problem is when i plug in my headphoneWhich has broken mic i can't select my inbuilt mic. So, When i uninstall the realtek high definition audio driver and reinstall it. Then i can change the mic to inbuilt mic. After severl minutes windows 10 automatic change...
  9. Sound Settings change after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Settings change after update: Why is it nearly every time Windows 10 updates it changes previously set sound settings? Also on the last update it totally wiped all my music out of windows media player and it will not retrieve it anymore....
  10. 10 updates keep changing my coreldraw settings

10 updates keep changing my coreldraw settings: Hey All--Each time Windows 10 updates--I lose features of my CorelDraw x5 software, fonts disappear, can't minimize some windows, etc. any ideas out there , *Sick 97850