Windows 10: windows 10 updates killed my laptop

Discus and support windows 10 updates killed my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Asus F556U laptop (purchased new) came with Windows 10 pre-installed with no backup disk. I have the product ID only. During a recent attempt to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Burt McFirkle, Aug 2, 2018.

1. windows 10 updates killed my laptop

My Asus F556U laptop (purchased new) came with Windows 10 pre-installed with no backup disk. I have the product ID only. During a recent attempt to install Windows 10 updates the Asus laptop has stopped working. I have tried system restore using three separate restore points. I have tried a system reset.

I am going to have to format the hard drive and start over. How can I get a copy of my Windows 10 that I have previously purchased?

:)

Burt McFirkle, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Octopuss Win User

windows 10 updates killed my laptop

Windows 10 forced download

Is there any link with list of everything related to this for those who want to do it manually?

Octopuss, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 updates killed my laptop

1. windows 10 updates killed my laptop - Similar Threads - updates killed laptop

2. Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!: I clicked to restart my laptop so the Windows 11 update to proceed but once my laptop shut down it won't come back on. It was at 80 percent charge before it shut down. How do I get my laptop to reset and come back on??...
  3. Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!: I clicked to restart my laptop so the Windows 11 update to proceed but once my laptop shut down it won't come back on. It was at 80 percent charge before it shut down. How do I get my laptop to reset and come back on??...
  4. Windows 11 update killed my laptop!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updates killing my laptop, again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates killing my laptop, again.: I'll keep on posting the same old complaint as long as Microsoft keep on destroying my laptop and wasting all my time.I use my laptop only occasionally. That's my prerogative. I guess I use it even less knowing how awful Microsoft is now.Every single time I try to use my...
  6. Windows update killed my laptops

Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  7. Numerous Windows 10 updates is killing my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous Windows 10 updates is killing my laptop: After numerous Windows updates, my laptop will not run video streaming anymore..ie. Netflix, Amazon, etc. #Why does Microsoft want to kill my Windows 10, updated from 7 with every update? Even my Action Center has stopped working. I just upgraded from HDD to SSD the hard...
  8. Windows update killed my laptop

Windows update killed my laptop: Do not switch off your computer Sitting there for hours. Restore failed. FAILED. Startup repair failed Go back to previous version failed. Leaving the only option to reset it. You utter Wombles. You festervering sores on the backsides of dungbeatles. Months of...
  9. Update killed my laptop

Update killed my laptop: So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me that another error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exists". My laptop was perfect before this update now...
  10. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...