Windows 10: Windows 10 updates mess up my PC yet again.

Discus and support Windows 10 updates mess up my PC yet again. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some years ago I was using windows 7 without any problems. I thought I’d upgrade to windows 10, sucked in by all the hype from MS. After 2 updates the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stevestratton, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 updates mess up my PC yet again.

Some years ago I was using windows 7 without any problems. I thought I’d upgrade to windows 10, sucked in by all the hype from MS. After 2 updates the pc crashes and doesn’t work. After many many hours of trying to correct the issue, Microsoft denying its an issue with the update and blaming the pc, samsung blaming microsoft, eventually I manage to get it working again. Three days ago, after getting messages from MS that my version of Win10 is no longer supported I upgraded to the new Win 10. All was working well until today when the PC receives 2 updates. I can no longer use it. I can log onto the desktop and then I get the blue screen error message, your pc ran into a problem blah, blah, blah. It restarts and is exactly the same, even though MS has collected the error info. I contacted MS through live chat and was told a restore would solve the problem. I’ve tried a restore, and reset, but nothing works. I’m now going to use Mac from now on. MS windows is useless in my opinion.

:)

stevestratton, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 12, 2018
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 updates mess up my PC yet again.

DRDNA, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 updates mess up my PC yet again.

1. Windows 10 updates mess up my PC yet again. - Similar Threads - updates mess yet

2. Latest update messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update messed up my pc: A couple of days ago I was watching streams when Windows told me there's a new update ready to be installed. I picked the restart later option (manually select when) and returned to wathcing the stream. I fall asleep for like an hour and when I woke up my pc was off. I guess...
  3. Update messed up pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update messed up pc: I was forced to download the latest windows update. Afterwards, my computer will randomly freeze after a period of time, and I can only move the mouse cursor. I cant even bring up task manager. I am unable to uninstall the latest update...
  4. Latest update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update messed up my PC: I just installed an update to windows 10 64bit. Now my Lenovo desktop will load to the Lenovo icon screen and then freezes. I have tried to boot into safe mode and for some reason it will not boot to safe mode either. Anyone know what I should do?...
  5. Updates messing up my computer AGAIN

Updates messing up my computer AGAIN: Please Microsoft get it sorted, this is the second time its beyond a joke, especially when they say they have no reports of it happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  6. Windows messed up my Adobe -- AGAIN

Windows messed up my Adobe -- AGAIN: Earlier this month Microsoft decided to update my Windows, and, as has happened so many times in the past, it corrupted some modules of my Adobe Creative Suite. I've tried reinstalling the corrupted modules several times -- nothing. How do I fix this? Why does this keep...
  7. Windows 10 update messes up Ubuntu terminal colors (again!)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update messes up Ubuntu terminal colors (again!): Hi, Seems the last update (hit me August 9) messed up the Ubuntu terminal colors. (this happened before several times). To see it: Open a terminal window, open up some file on vi, and scroll up and down using your keyboard's arrow keys. You will get black background on...
  8. Windows update messed up my Pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update messed up my Pc: Computer put some updates through last night before it shut down. Upon turning it on today it flashed a grey and black screen that said Hi repeatedly for an hour. With no acess to the actual desktop i cant/couldnt do anything but restart it. Now it flashes a gray desktop over...
  9. Latest windows update messed up my PC

Latest windows update messed up my PC: When I tried to log on after the update it prompted me for a pin no. In the past I had always used my password. What is going on? Ive never had a PIN for my computer. I would like to talk to an actual person to help me but of course I cant. Anybody else help? Dave...
  10. Newest Windows 10 update messed up my PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Newest Windows 10 update messed up my PC.: Hello , i updated my pc yesterday and saw it was like a big update cause it was copying all my files and restarting many times. After the update finished i shut down my pc. The next day turn on my pc and see some visual differences and some problems, first my mouse didnt work...