Windows 10: windows 10 updates not completing install

Discus and support windows 10 updates not completing install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My windows 10 updates will not complete last final step of update. WHY???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Rogers1, Aug 11, 2022.

1. windows 10 updates not completing install

My windows 10 updates will not complete last final step of update. WHY???

:)

Mark Rogers1, Aug 11, 2022
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows 10 updates not completing install :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 11, 2022
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 11, 2022
  4. windows 10 updates not completing install

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

windows 10 updates not completing install

1. windows 10 updates not completing install - Similar Threads - updates completing install

2. windows 10 updates not completing install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 updates not completing install: My windows 10 updates will not complete last final step of update. WHY??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-not-completing-install/90e5e9f8-76d4-47ff-8171-f8d176aeef19
  3. Windows 10 will not complete it's updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not complete it's updates.: I am running windows 10 on my laptop and havent been able to update it in the last 5-6 months. I suspect the problem is because my laptop has a faulty battery, which doesnt work at all, meaning i constantly have the laptop plugged in to be able to use it, I don't mind this as...
  4. Unable to complete Windows update installation

Unable to complete Windows update installation: I have a Dell Latitude E6540 that hangs when trying to install the latest Windows 10 update. It installed the version released in early November or late October but only after a lot of trouble doing so. I've tried to install 3 times, and it always hangs at about 84%. Then...
  5. Window 10 update not completed

Window 10 update not completed: Hi, I have tried to update the windows 10 latest version in my Laptop but unable to do so, the installation percentage showing 99% since past 24 hrs, how do I fix the issue please let me know. Note - I have install Windows Assistant...
  6. Windows 10 update will not complete

Windows 10 update will not complete: I had to reload windows on my computer and it is operational and functional but there are a lot of updates to be applied. It downloads and runs but never completes. It sits at 99% on Getting your update ready. I leave it overnight and it never completes. I reboot and...
  7. Windows 10 will not complete updates

Windows 10 will not complete updates: Ver: 1803, build: 17134.345 Windows Update tells me that my device is missing important security and quality fixes. When check for updates is selected, it cannot find anything to update. Is this a new bug that is being worked on or a hidden check box that I'm not aware of?...
  8. Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed

Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed: I downloaded and installed Feature update 1809. However for some reason it did not trigger a Restart. In 'Update History' it says 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing'. I have tried a manual restart but the update...
  9. Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed

Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed: I downloaded and installed Feature update 1809. However for some reason it did not trigger a Restart. In 'Update History' it says 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing'. I have tried a manual restart but the update...
  10. Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed