Windows 10: Windows 10 updates not installing in off hours

Discus and support Windows 10 updates not installing in off hours in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On a Windows 10 home laptop I have the windows updates set to install during 'off hours' which I set to be during the night hours. Well, during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Curious, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Curious Win User

Windows 10 updates not installing in off hours

On a Windows 10 home laptop I have the windows updates set to install during 'off hours' which I set to be during the night hours.

Well, during the night the laptop lid is shut down. I could be wrong, but I get the impression that the downloaded updates do not install at night because on checking for updates during the day I frequently find that the updates were downloaded but seemingly waiting for me to 'restart the laptop' to install. So I restart the laptop and the updates are installed.

So, my question is, do the windows 10 updates actually install when the laptop lid is down and windows is (not shut down) but asleep (whatever the correct word is)? If not what is the point of setting 'off hours'?

Thanks.

:)

Curious, Nov 27, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 27, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 27, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updates not installing in off hours - Similar Threads - updates installing off

2. is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?: my computer is in my room. therefore i don't want to be woken up at 4 am in the night for an update i can't disable. i pressed the "disable updates for 1 week" button yet my computer is still turning on at 3 and 4 am to force this update; some of us have work that needs to...
  3. is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?: my computer is in my room. therefore i don't want to be woken up at 4 am in the night for an update i can't disable. i pressed the "disable updates for 1 week" button yet my computer is still turning on at 3 and 4 am to force this update; some of us have work that needs to...
  4. Windows 10 updates not installing in off hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 updates not installing in off hours: On a Windows 10 home laptop I have the windows updates set to install during 'off hours' which I set to be during the night hours. Well, during the night the laptop lid is shut down. I could be wrong, but I get the impression that the downloaded updates do not install at...
  5. Windows 10 install taking hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install taking hours: I'm installing Windows 10 as an update and its been several hours. I'm unsure when the update started, but it says it will restart several times and hasn't. Is this normal?...
  6. Windows 10 time is 3 hours off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 time is 3 hours off.: Hello, I installed a new ssd today, and I'm currently running my OS on it, and my time is incorrect. My time zone is correct in the date and time settings, yet it's still off by three hours exactly. I've tried to change the time manually, but it's still wrong in...
  7. updating windows for hours

updating windows for hours: I have been installing my windows 10 update for four hours now. Is it normal? If not, then what's the problem with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-windows-for-hours/1e7439cd-66ec-457e-aec5-ed2a546aadcd
  8. turn off active hours

turn off active hours: I prefer my OS to update when available. I don't want it waiting for non-active hours. Is there a preference for that? How do I turn it off or deactivate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-active-hours/741f473b-d5f6-47a6-9e8b-a450aae21a0c
  9. Windows 10 update takes hours.

Windows 10 update takes hours.: Microsoft, Please make sure that Windows 10 updates are not so painful. I have lost income due to Windows 10 update taking hours, and my laptop was showing circle going round and round, with nothing happening. I lost at least 4.5 hours of income and I am not rich to get these...
  10. timezone is 11 hours off

in Windows 10 Support
    timezone is 11 hours off: Hi, I am on the east coast and my computer has always reflected EST but with Windows 10, it shows six hours off when I set it for EST. I have to set it to -11 hours off from GMT to get the time correct. That would be fine but that time zone does not allow for Daylight...