Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 1709 A long time ago I deleted the wuauserv service as someone had suggested to me because windows update would run automatically at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WaelS, May 23, 2019.

1. WaelS Win User

Windows 10 Updates not working

Windows 10 1709

A long time ago I deleted the wuauserv service as someone had suggested to me because windows update would run automatically at the worst possible times when I would be at a client site doing a 5 minute job that would turn into hours.

Now i need to update my windows, but I am not able to because the service is missing. I tried the wu10.diagcab tool from Microsoft and it can't detect the problem. I get "An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue"

What can I do to fix windows update without having to restore the OS. I don't want to lose any of my installed software. It's been a couple of years so a restore point is not possible.

:)

WaelS, May 23, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 23, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Updates not working - Similar Threads - Updates working

2. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  3. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  4. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  5. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  6. My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...: Now I have no number to contact Microsoft, this is so unfortunate and I need assistance. I have reset this so many times attempting to login and could not, can someone reach out to me to assist? This update has stopped me from accessing my information. Every since I...
  7. My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...

My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...: Now I have no number to contact Microsoft, this is so unfortunate and I need assistance. I have reset this so many times attempting to login and could not, can someone reach out to me to assist? This update has stopped me from accessing my information. Every since I...
  8. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  9. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  10. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update