Windows 10: Windows 10 updates on a Toshiba CL15 w/ only 32 Gb SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 updates on a Toshiba CL15 w/ only 32 Gb SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a great deal of difficulty and much effort, I finally managed to get this Win10 Home laptop updated to 1803 last summer by uninstalling almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Circleville, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 updates on a Toshiba CL15 w/ only 32 Gb SSD

After a great deal of difficulty and much effort, I finally managed to get this Win10 Home laptop updated to 1803 last summer by uninstalling almost everything but the OS, and since then the intermittent updates have been processed without too much trouble. Not so with the 1809 update, as even with the relevant Media Creation Tool and specifying in its runtime process the selection to apply the update from an external USB drive (which is 32 Gb, completely clean and formatted in NTFS), the tool insists that I must remove 8 Gb in order to proceed and provides no other option but to close.

The OS itself is about 25 Gb, so there is simply no way to achieve that 8 Gb reduction! How is it possible that MS can produce such a farkled update process for its now-flagship OS -- I could also ask why Toshiba would build and sell such a farkled machine, but since they've essentially gotten out of the computer business that query is pretty moot.

This is beyond maddening, and at present I'm very unhappy with both MS and Toshiba. Since the latter is essentially of no further help, I'll pose this to the MS community -- how might it be possible to update this laptop?

:)

Circleville, Jan 28, 2019
  2. ConnieUP Win User

Windows 10 Toshiba HDD/SSD Issues

Since Windows 10 auto-downloaded on my Toshiba computer my HDD/SSD protection isn't working. I contacted Microsoft and they suggested that I put it out to the community. My Toshiba warranty is up and I don't want to pay for support that is clearly only
    needed because of Windows 10. Can someone suggest a solution? Many thanks!

ConnieUP, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jan 28, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows 10 updates on a Toshiba CL15 w/ only 32 Gb SSD

Toshiba THNSNH256GCST 256 GB SSD

We recently tested the 512 GB version of Toshiba's latest SSD with 19 nm flash chips and a rebranded Marvell controller. Today, we are looking at the 256 GB version to investigate whether the smaller capacity reduces performance, or if it too manages to claim the performance throne.

Show full review

W1zzard, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updates on a Toshiba CL15 w/ only 32 Gb SSD

1. Windows 10 updates on a Toshiba CL15 w/ only 32 Gb SSD - Similar Threads - updates Toshiba CL15

2. Windows 10 only uses 16 GB from 32 GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 only uses 16 GB from 32 GB: Hello, again!: When I've received the PC it have 16 GB RAM HyperX Fury 2666 Mhz (2x8). And when I go to place another two dimms exactly than the previous, Windows 10 says that reserve 16 Gb for hardware. I have detilded the square Total Memory in Msconfig, but nothing seems...
  3. Windows 10 on a 32 GB hd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on a 32 GB hd: I have a Lenovo ideapad with a 32 GB hard drive. Windows 10 is too big to update correctly. I run Office 365 and Quicken. No pics or music or videos. There are no "excess files" to delete to make more room. Is there anything I can do? Can I go back to an older Windows?...
  4. Cannot update windows on PC with 32 GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Cannot update windows on PC with 32 GB SSD and 1TB HDD: I cannot update windows on my PC with a 32GB boot SSD and a 1TB storage drive. I have been stuck without updates for a week since i updated my laptop. Can anyone help me with a way to update using the 1TB HDD for update storage? Thanks in advance for any advice....
  5. Toshiba Satelite w/Windows 10 & HP Printer

Toshiba Satelite w/Windows 10 & HP Printer: Uninstalled HP Software and re-installed Default is set to correct printer application bluetooth is active on both laptop and printer Printer won't print from laptop Printer prints from iphone what's up?...
  6. Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update

Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update: I teach Windows 10 at the Senior Citizens Center. When possible, students bring their laptops to class so they can learn on their own machines. I've helped several of them update Windows 10; however, one student has a laptop with only a 32 GB "hard drive" that says there's...
  7. Toshiba P55 W c

Toshiba P55 W c: Latest updates for 1903 have fixed the issues running 1903.All updates need to be installed.Make sure to use the update button to ensure installation.There's nothing in the release notes indicating a fix.Would be nice if MS let us know....
  8. W 10 Home sees 16 Gb, but only uses around 5.5

W 10 Home sees 16 Gb, but only uses around 5.5: I have a Toshiba Satellite E55 laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. It had 4 Gb of RAM, and was running way to slow. I purchased two identical 8Gb chips, and installed both. The computer sees all 16 Gb (see second image below), but only seems to use up to about 5.5 Gb. I...
  9. Issues with Windows 10 and 32 GB ram

Issues with Windows 10 and 32 GB ram: I have Windows 10 enterprise and I installed 32 gb ram in my board and for some reason hardware reserved is taking up 103 mb. I do not have onboard graphics I have a dedicated gpu there is no onboard on my motherboard. It's not a big issue but just annoying it doesn't show...
  10. Windows 10 Pro only reading 24 GB of 32 GB installed,

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro only reading 24 GB of 32 GB installed,: Ok so here's what I have done so far. 1) created a bootable USB with Windows 10(64 bit) upgrade 2) installed the upgrade successfully with no issues 3) when I check system info it shows only 24 GB of ram and 16 GB of this is "usable". However when I check the RAM limits on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update toshiba ssd