Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have noticed that after every update for Windows 10, the update removes my Hibernation option. I always have to use the command prompt with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by _JediProgrammer, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option

I have noticed that after every update for Windows 10, the update removes my Hibernation option. I always have to use the command prompt with Administrator rights to reinstate the Hibernation option because it is has not been an option to restore it in the Settings (one update actually removed it from the Settings and Control Panel). Why is the Hibernation option being removed after each and every update? It has been going on ever since Windows 10 was released.

:)

_JediProgrammer, Mar 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Mar 7, 2019
  3. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 7, 2019
  4. itiod Win User

Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option

Missing hibernate option in settings

Windows 10 laptop is missing the hibernate option, and hibernate is not listed in the shutdown settings.

Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option 1bf71cba-6f10-4fb3-acfa-ca4b1d46684d.png

I was looking for the hibernate option because my laptop regularly crashes when I close the lid, and I was assuming this is why. I have been unable to find any solutions on the internet as all the results were how to enable hibernate in settings, but I don't
    have that option. Any suggestions?

itiod, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option

1. Windows 10 Updates Remove Hibernation Option - Similar Threads - Updates Remove Hibernation

2. No Hibernate option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Hibernate option: Hi after update my surface pro,My laptop cannot use the hibernate more.Two methods I have tried but fail:1. go to the control panel and enter the additional power setting to click the hibernate no hibernate option 2. go to com command prompt by entering powercfg -g on ; the...
  3. Hibernation option not available.

Hibernation option not available.: About a month ago, I did a factory reset. There are problems, but the crux of it is no hibernation option! Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-option-not-available/343e5569-691e-4659-a6cc-f502d984e952
  4. Hibernate option gone since last update

Hibernate option gone since last update: ever since the last update the hibernate option has disappeared from the advanced power setting. the checkbox is also gone from the system settings even the "change settings that are unavailable". It no longer shows up and all I can choose from is to lock or sleep. It seems...
  5. No hibernate option

No hibernate option: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, because support for 7 had ended. Now I can't get my desktop computer to hibernate. I went into Settings, and chose the option to hibernate by pressing the power button. No luck - that just powers down the computer. I suppose I could...
  6. windows 10, Power options, hibernate

windows 10, Power options, hibernate: Using Windows 10 on desktop computer, how to put computer in hibernate vs sleep mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-power-options-hibernate/44f4e8e3-1eac-4dcd-a36f-0395c53ef99e
  7. Hibernate option not available

Hibernate option not available: i am on latest version of win 10 pro . I see no option under power options for hibernate . Is there a way to get hibernate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernate-option-not-available/b0971557-b841-430d-90d5-9a0f08c1bb6b
  8. Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?

Windows 10 Hibernate option has disappeared after update?: I had previously activated the Hibernate option in Windows 10 due to it not being available by default when clicking the power button in the start menu. Now it has been removed and it does not seem possible to re-enable (see screenshot of power options below). I believe...
  9. After updating, hibernate option disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating, hibernate option disappeared: I updated my PC to the last version and when I turned my PC on the next day I couldn't find Hibernate the system option in the power menu. I didn’t manage to reinsert the hibernate button through Control Panel. So I think that this option isn’t available. Why?...
  10. Add or Remove Hibernate after from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Hibernate after from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Hibernate after from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Hibernate after" from Power Options in Windows The hibernating. *note If you disable hibernate, the Hibernate after setting in Power Options will not be available. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why was hibernate removed 2020 update

2. hibernate option missing in windows 10 version 1903

3. windows update change hibernate

4. windows 10 1903 hibernate,
  5. windows 10 1903 removing hibernate,
  6. Windows 10 1903 hibernation