Windows 10: Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless!

Discus and support Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]This is the error I get from my desktop after the latest update. I can get into these options but none of them lead anywhere. They all come back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrownieMullins, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless!

Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless! [​IMG]This is the error I get from my desktop after the latest update. I can get into these options but none of them lead anywhere. They all come back to “cannot do it” if i try to repair, restore, check disk from command prompt, it always tells me it cant be done or was unable to complete. It will always stay in repair mode.

:)

BrownieMullins, Sep 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 update rendered my hp laserjet 1100 useless

Hello,

A windows ten update this past week rendered my hp laserjet 1100 useless. The printer is connected by a parallel cable and uses lpt1.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

John

mudcatgrant, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless!

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless!

1. Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless! - Similar Threads - updates rendered both

2. 20H2 update rendered my PC useless

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 update rendered my PC useless: I have an Alienware R8 with RTX 2070. I started off with that because people with a somewhat related issue are saying that they are stuck on the boot screen but in my case my computer displays nothing at all. After the update I can power up my PC and the lights on the desktop...
  3. June update has rendered printer useless

June update has rendered printer useless: Since installing the June update I am unable to connect to my printer. On the manufacturer's website I see this message: If you have installed the June Windows 10 updates KB4557957 / KB4560960 you may find you can no longer print from your PC. If you have been affected...
  4. Printers Rendered Useless. Not Happy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers Rendered Useless. Not Happy: Windows 10 did an update on my desktop. Now it has rendered my printer obsolete. updated the drivers for my Brother MFC-J410W and Xerox 6505 printers and they do not work. What is the status of a fix? I need to print. I think Microsoft should pay to purchase a new printer and...
  5. recent windows 10 update has rendered my epson 1660 scanner useless

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recent windows 10 update has rendered my epson 1660 scanner useless: I have been using the expression 1680 software which has been working fine with 64 bit win10. Now I cannot even install drivers for any scanner software other than Vuescan and trial version works ok. Using scanner on old Pentium 4 running XP3 SP3 with Epson software works ok...
  6. Windows 10 update 1809 OS 17763.593 render my New XPS desktop useless...Login Screen is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update 1809 OS 17763.593 render my New XPS desktop useless...Login Screen is...: Windows 10 update 1809 OS 17763.593 render my New XPS desktop useless...Login Screen is blank and does not have the "Dialog Box" that allows me to type my password??? I've tried everything that I Found on Dell' webPage, except a Total Factory reset i.e. System Recovery;...
  7. Random Bluescreens rendering my computer useless

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Bluescreens rendering my computer useless: Hello, I've had a lot of issues with my computer ever since my Motherboard stopped working. I've replaced the motherboard, RAM, CPU and PSU but i'm still getting random BSOD while working with my computer. I've tried the following: Completely reinstall Windows (From a...
  8. Automatic bluetooth driver update is rendering my wifi useless.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Automatic bluetooth driver update is rendering my wifi useless.: Automatic bluetooth driver update is rendering my wifi useless. Older version of bluetooth works with wifi so please do not auto update my bluetooth and wifi drivers....
  9. Latest Windows 10 update rendered my brand new laptop useless.

Latest Windows 10 update rendered my brand new laptop useless.: I got a new laptop for my birthday, when I first turned it on it was fine and worked as it should do, then Windows 10 automatically updated to a new version. After the update had installed I noticed pretty much everything on my laptop now runs significantly slower than it did...
  10. Windows Explorer Erratic Behavior Renders Computer Useless

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Erratic Behavior Renders Computer Useless: So the computer boots normally. Windows loads. The sign-in screen comes up fine. Once I sign in, I get a black screen and the mouse arrow. The arrow responds fine. Eventually (several minutes) explorer sort of half-loads.The taskbar is visible, but when I hover over it the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updates render my dell useless