Windows 10: Windows 10 updates searching forever

Discus and support Windows 10 updates searching forever in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed when you click on updates the dots stream indicating it is searching but the searching never ends. Frankly, I am happy because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by treborpowers, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 updates searching forever

Hi,

I noticed when you click on updates the dots stream indicating it is searching but the searching never ends. Frankly, I am happy because this means there is no update and windows 10 update typically waste

two hours of my time. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on.

:)

treborpowers, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Smizack Win User

Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

Windows 10 updates searching forever [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Aug 11, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 updates searching forever

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Thanks for this and your step by step. My search for updates only took 10 minutes after your guide.

Spaceman Spiff, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 updates searching forever

1. Windows 10 updates searching forever - Similar Threads - updates searching forever

2. updating forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updating forever: i got a notification saying that i can install version 20h2 of windows 10, after 45 minutes is still downloading and installing and getting things ready submitted by /u/Aleccul69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7qo0y/updating_forever/
  3. windows 10 updates..........HELP......taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 updates..........HELP......taking forever: hi I'm becoming really frustrated can someone please help me. So i bought a new hp desktop a couple of days ago, so today when i went to shut down it was update and shutdown, which i clicked on but now it just keeps spinning with restarting on the screen. It has been...
  4. Is it safe NOT to update windows 10 forever?

Is it safe NOT to update windows 10 forever?: I’m asking this question because the last time I updated my laptop got me into a problem where I can’t access my laptop anymore. Basically it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Choose another sign-in option and set your PIN again by going to Settings >...
  5. Windows 10 booting forever while updating

Windows 10 booting forever while updating: Hello, my windows 10 install is booting forever while updating, I keep seeing the acer logo and spinning wheel, is there any way to fix? submitted by /u/WindowsUserOG [link] [comments]...
  6. MS WIndows 10 Update taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS WIndows 10 Update taking forever: This update has been running over two hours and is only at 27% on my laptop. This seems out of the ordinary, but I'm nervous to shut it down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-windows-10-update-taking-forever/d5709319-1a5e-4a60-91f1-4b6f8e0433bf
  7. Windows 10 checking for updates taking forever

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 checking for updates taking forever: Only noticed this when already on Creator's Update. See: windows update - Streamable Windows Update Troubleshoot didn't solve anything. Any help would be appreciated. 81721
  8. Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!: Running Windows 10 on Panasonic CF-C2 laptops. When it comes to updates, they are taking FOREVER to install - 20 to 30 minutes. Is anyone experiencing the updates taking this long....my users are screaming because time is money and updates are just taking too long. I am not...
  9. Windows 10 search loading forever

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search loading forever: Hi. Anyone has an idea why my Windows 10 is not displaying any results when I press SUPER and start typing? Doesn't give me any result, even settings or notepad. [img] 27172
  10. Windows Start Search "We are getting search ready" Forever

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Search "We are getting search ready" Forever: When I open up the start menu it shows "We are getting search ready" forever. Worked until when I started my computer up today. I have attached a screenshot of this. 22196