Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates - SOLVED - Can't see network pc's on all machines

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates - SOLVED - Can't see network pc's on all machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The issue is this: when windows are installed, the network configured, and pc join the same work group, turns out that some of them are not visible,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoaquinSalas, May 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Updates - SOLVED - Can't see network pc's on all machines

The issue is this: when windows are installed, the network configured, and pc join the same work group, turns out that some of them are not visible, even if PC is well configured.

The reason, there are several network profiles and the same windows creates them sometimes and these are the ones that make those effects.

The explanation, team is generated that prevails in the work group, which always looks and does not disappear. Some process was made that made this happen, like creating a prevailing home group and thus the process has been returned, it is executed in some way and generates that in the network

Solution: Delete the profiles on each PC
    1. Windows + R key, execute regedit.
    2. Make a copy of the regedit before proceeding. Click File> Export. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select the location where you want to save the backup and then type a name for the backup file in the File Name field.
    3. Search for H Key Local Machine, Software, Microsoft, Windows NT, Currenversion, Network list, Profiles.
    4. Click secondary on each of the folders that are displayed in Profiles and delete them. These are the network profiles that have been created on the computer.
    5. Close regedit and restart the computer. As soon as it starts, it will ask as if it were the first time you join a network, then verify that it is in a private network and the conditions of sharing files and printers as required.
    6. Enter the browser (windows + e key) and go to the network, discovering that you can now see the computers in the network.
    7. Repeat the procedure on each computer with problems.

:)

JoaquinSalas, May 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 7, 2019
  4. Athlonite Win User

Windows 10 Updates - SOLVED - Can't see network pc's on all machines

Windows 10, Windows update over LAN (Why doesn't it work?)

It may not use SMB 1.0 but whose to say that the underlaying networking problem isn't the reason for the non use of other PC's for updates if the PC in quetion can't see the other PC on the network then it wont see it for updates will it

Athlonite, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates - SOLVED - Can't see network pc's on all machines

1. Windows 10 Updates - SOLVED - Can't see network pc's on all machines - Similar Threads - Updates SOLVED Can't

2. Mac can't see PC on home network ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mac can't see PC on home network ?: My Mac running OSX Sierra can't see my Win-10 PC on my home network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-cant-see-pc-on-home-network/d081296d-624c-46b3-ad75-fb7f781d8285
  3. Can't see computers on Windows 10 network

Can't see computers on Windows 10 network: I have 3 (PC1, PC2 & PC3) desktop computers all running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Each are directly connected to a Linksys Hub which then connects to the router. On PC1, when I click on Network I see under Computers PC2 and under Media Drives I see PC1, PC2 & PC3 On PC2,...
  4. Can't see PC & laptop on network

Can't see PC & laptop on network: I have just purchased a brand-new laptop and I cannot get it to show on my network. I've gone into network & sharing and I've checked all the relevant boxes but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. Can't See Own PC Under Network

Can't See Own PC Under Network: My PC shares do not appear in its own Network window or on other PCs but it does appear if you enter the full path into Explorer e.g. \\My_Computer. All works fine after I do a Network Reset. I've tried all the usual configuration checks but only Network Reset seems to work....
  6. One computer can't see all the others on the network

One computer can't see all the others on the network: I have four computers on the same network. Three of them can see all the other computers, but one can not. It only sees one computer. I have tried a few things but can't get Computer A lets call it to see any more than one computer. Any help? 114581
  7. Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive

Can't see W10 machine in networking view but *can* map a network drive: Hello! I've got two Windows 10(home) machines on the same LAN at my house. The NAS machine has a large HDD which I'd like to use a part of to relocate my Google Drive folder to(50GB!). Anyway, I have sharing turned on for the folder on the NAS machine, but that machine does...
  8. SOLVED: Can't write to networked Win 10 PC

SOLVED: Can't write to networked Win 10 PC: EDIT: I rebooted the Win 10 PC and now the permission stick. I do not remember ever seeing that was needed. I am on a Win 7 64 bit PC, wirelessly networked to a Win 10 Laptop PC. I can see the other PC (at last) and can take data from it to my machine. But I can't send...
  9. Creators Update One machine can't see the other

Creators Update One machine can't see the other: I have Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update (version 1703, build 15063.413) running on two computers (wired through ASUS router). I've setup a workgroup called WORKGROUP. If I turn on one computer (call it A) and then turn on computer B, computer A can view computer B's folders,...
  10. Windows 10 can't see network printer

Windows 10 can't see network printer: I have a USB connected printer (HP F4100) on my Windows 10 desktop. Everything appear to be working as I have no issue accessing the printer remotely on my Windows 7 laptop. The issue is trying to access from my Windows 10 laptop. I can see the shared workgroup in explorer,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 Error 0x80070017