Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates , Sound devices.

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates , Sound devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone please explain why every time Windows Update runs I have to spend 30 minutes reconfiguring my 7.1 surround settings. Absolute ****.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ErikHanson2, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Updates , Sound devices.

Can someone please explain why every time Windows Update runs I have to spend 30 minutes reconfiguring my 7.1 surround settings. Absolute ****.

:)

ErikHanson2, Oct 15, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Sound Problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Updates , Sound devices.

After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates , Sound devices.

1. Windows 10 Updates , Sound devices. - Similar Threads - Updates Sound devices

2. Windows 10 no sound device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no sound device: Hello,I have installed win 10 to asus laptop C523N. And I get to work sound. Drivers good in Device manager. Few times removed drives but no luck. Windows sound troubleshoot not help. Windows update not help. Any help?...
  3. Windows 10 no sound device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no sound device: Hello,I have installed win 10 to asus laptop C523N. And I get to work sound. Drivers good in Device manager. Few times removed drives but no luck. Windows sound troubleshoot not help. Windows update not help. Any help?...
  4. Windows 10 no sound device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound device not detected after AMD graphics update in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound device not detected after AMD graphics update in windows 10: Hi, I have a strange problem with my Realtek HD audio driver and the AMD graphics, so any help will be appreciated. I had a windows 10 working installation on a notebook, when I moved the drive to my desktop computer everything was working fine audio included using the...
  6. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update: Windows sound is breaking everytime I load a new game to play, I get an X on my sound and it like sends lag throughout my pc. Please some help today would be awesome![ATTACH]...
  7. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update of Feb 29th

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update of Feb 29th: After the automatic update of Feb 29th, yesterday the computer does not locate any sound devices. I no longer have speaker or microphone access. Any one else? How to fix?...
  8. Windows 10 keeps dropping sound device, losing sound

Windows 10 keeps dropping sound device, losing sound: I have this bizarre problem with sound. I just rebuilt my computer due to a tired motherboard, so now I am running an MSI B450 Carbon AC mobo with a Ryzen 5 2600x cpu, nVidia Geforce GTX 1070 graphics card, 16GB ram DDR4 1066, Patriot v370 Viper headset. All drivers are...
  9. sound devices quit working after windows 10 update

sound devices quit working after windows 10 update: I have a Windows 10 computer (an Intel NUC) with built-in sound (Realtek) and an external USB-driver D/A convertor (essentially a USB sound card). Some time after an update (although I'm not sure these incidents are related), my sound control panel now shows "no output...
  10. Windows 10 update disabled sound device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update disabled sound device: Hello, I recently installed Windows 10 update and got a message saying there's no audio output installed. I searched for solution online and most people said activating the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller under System Devices will help....