Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates Stalled

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates Stalled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife's HP 2 in 1 has stuck Windows 10 updates. I cannot access the computer right now so I cannot get the exact version and build level but I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TMBoyle_898, May 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Updates Stalled

My wife's HP 2 in 1 has stuck Windows 10 updates. I cannot access the computer right now so I cannot get the exact version and build level but I am pretty sure it is at least 1809. I have seen this behavior before. Updates get downloaded and attempt to install but fail. Then at next boot the PC goes into automatic repair/diagnosis. I have tried all of the options including RESET. All fail. I tried several restore point and none will mount. Since this is not the first time this has happened I would ask that Microsoft patch Windows to allow manual updates at the owner's discretion. This is not the only PC in the house to experience the same events. I looks like my only option is to install Windows from a new license I just bought. I intended that license for another laptop. I cannot get the recovery screen to access whatever recovery the HP 2 in 1 has.

:)

TMBoyle_898, May 13, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Updates Stalled

Windows 10 Update stalled

Windows Update on my Windows 10 system has been stalled for approximately one week. There is a long list of updates ready to install, but the last one - for Adobe Flash Player - is waiting to download. I have run the Windows Update troubleshooter but
    no problem is indicated. Is there any way I can remove this item from the update list so that the others will install?

MikeLewtas, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates Stalled

1. Windows 10 Updates Stalled - Similar Threads - Updates Stalled

2. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable: Hello,my computer wants me to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but clicking the Accept or Decline button on the License has just the visual effect of the button being clicked, although nothing happens. Wanting to Skip the Windows 11 installation brings me to the license...
  3. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable: Hello,my computer wants me to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but clicking the Accept or Decline button on the License has just the visual effect of the button being clicked, although nothing happens. Wanting to Skip the Windows 11 installation brings me to the license...
  4. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...: I am running a Windows 10 free upgrade from WIndows 7 on a Acer Aspire laptop. Windows Updates fail, Update Troubleshooter-Potential Windows Update Database error detected=>Not Fixed,SFC /Scannow-cannot start the repair service error, DISM Restore Health fails, chkdsk is all...
  6. Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...

Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...: I am running a Windows 10 free upgrade from WIndows 7 on a Acer Aspire laptop. Windows Updates fail, Update Troubleshooter-Potential Windows Update Database error detected=>Not Fixed,SFC /Scannow-cannot start the repair service error, DISM Restore Health fails, chkdsk is all...
  7. Win10 Won't updateerrors, System Files Cleanup stalls at Windows Updates deletion, Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?: I am using Windows PHOTOS app to modify/rename/cleanUp my photos and videos recently download from my iPhone. I like the app, but it frequently "stalls". When I close the stalled Photos app, I find that the Windows Explorer app is usually in "update" mode, or something. See...
  9. Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?

Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?: I am using Windows PHOTOS app to modify/rename/cleanUp my photos and videos recently download from my iPhone. I like the app, but it frequently "stalls". When I close the stalled Photos app, I find that the Windows Explorer app is usually in "update" mode, or something. See...
  10. Defender stalls when downloading updates

Defender stalls when downloading updates: Greetings,MS Defender stalls when downloading. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-stalls-when-downloading-updates/1469a71e-14f0-4223-9357-706e0180c69d