Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 3 years later and this is still happening every time there is a Windows Update. Why can't I set the default pdf viewer to Acrobat and never be forced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rlo8761, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Rlo8761 Win User

Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge

3 years later and this is still happening every time there is a Windows Update.

Why can't I set the default pdf viewer to Acrobat and never be forced to make this change again?

It's extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY!) annoying to have to do this every time there's an update.

Microsoft, please fix this issue. Stop trying to make me use a program I don't want to use. If I set my system to use Acrobat, DON'T CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Rlo8761, Jan 29, 2019
  2. NS_2017 Win User

Edge keeps replacing Adobe as default PDF viewer

Microsoft Edge keeps reverting to the default PDF viewer and it's extremely frustrating. I believe it occurs whenever I unzip files using winzip. I know how to reset the default application but it's time consuming doing it once or twice every day and shouldn't
    be necessary.

Why does it keep changing back to Microsoft Edge and how can I stop this?

Can i remove Microsoft Edge completely?

Why does Adobe not appear in the default programs list? How can I add this to the list as if it did appear the steps to change the default viewer would be quicker.

NS_2017, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Wynona Win User
    change default PDF viewer in MS Edge for PDFs opened by portals

Have you set your default PDF reader to Nuance Power PDF Advanced?

Settings>Apps>Default Apps>Choose default apps by file type>scroll down to .pdf on the left side of your screen, then click on the default app (most likely Edge). A list of available PDF reading apps should show up . . . click on your Nuance PDF reader and select it as your default. As you can see, I use Adobe Reader. *Smile

Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge [​IMG]

Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge [​IMG]

Wynona, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge

Edge keeps defaulting as PDF viewer

This solution is not helpful - Microsoft Edge continually hijacks my computer and changes the PDF viewer default to Edge -

It is getting a little old to constantly reset defaults - GO AWAY EDGE.

Aramis7533, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge

1. Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge - Similar Threads - Updates Still Change

2. Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download: I'm using SumatraPDF to view PDF files.Whenever I open or save a PDF file in Firefox, the Default PDF viewer is changed from SumatraPDF to Edge.If Acrobat Reader is installed and set as the default viewer, the setting doesn't change after each download.This appears to be a...
  3. Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download: I'm using SumatraPDF to view PDF files.Whenever I open or save a PDF file in Firefox, the Default PDF viewer is changed from SumatraPDF to Edge.If Acrobat Reader is installed and set as the default viewer, the setting doesn't change after each download.This appears to be a...
  4. Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview handler defaults to MS Edge despite Edge not being default PDF viewer: I have an issue where the default PDF preview handler that drives the Preview pane in MS explorer as well as in MS outlook, defaults to an MS Edge base preview handler. The only way I know of setting it back is by triggering the set to default .pdf reader within my default...
  6. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Hi, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to open PDF files. Whenever Windows updates, it sets my default PDF opener to Edge. I'll dutifully go into Settings and change my PDF preferences back to Adobe, and wait for the next time it happens. Sometimes I'll go weeks without this happening,...
  7. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Hi, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to open PDF files. Whenever Windows updates, it sets my default PDF opener to Edge. I'll dutifully go into Settings and change my PDF preferences back to Adobe, and wait for the next time it happens. Sometimes I'll go weeks without this happening,...
  8. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

9. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1809 Installed on: 4/17/2019 OS Build: 17763.557 After going to settings and setting the default PDF viewer to Adobe Reader, then the next day, Edge is back as the default with no user intervention. This has happened twice so far in two...
  10. change default PDF viewer in MS Edge for PDFs opened by portals

in Microsoft Office and 365
    change default PDF viewer in MS Edge for PDFs opened by portals: My default PDF viewer in MS Edge IS set to Nuance Power PDF Advanced BUT when a portal opens something that will be viewed as a PDF, it is still view in MS Edge. I'm believe I am up-to-date on all updates of all programs/apps. if there is anything else anyone needs to know...