Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates - Stop It! - Quit deleting my work!

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates - Stop It! - Quit deleting my work! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The last two updates over the last two days (like all the times MS reboots my computer without asking) have lost me work. They did not even give a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard Berry, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Updates - Stop It! - Quit deleting my work!

The last two updates over the last two days (like all the times MS reboots my computer without asking) have lost me work. They did not even give a warring and don’t show anything in the notifications as they have in the past. It’s like they are trying to be sneaky, as if seeing that Outlook and Chrome are still open I won’t notice that all my RDP sessions are gone and VMware has crashed and I’ve lost the work in them and Word and Excel are asking about documents I’d like to recover.

If you want to make a popup show in the middle of the screen every 30 seconds until I allow it to update, fine but stop rebooting MY COMPUTER(!) and costing me time and work.

All these years and now you think its ok to just randomly reboot peoples PCs, what the heck are you thinking? People need to leave their PC running for a reason and just rebooting it will crash apps and lose work. Why do you think this is ok?

Stop it! Just stop it!

MS must add a way to stop updates, even if they add a popup that warns if you don't update today it will happen tonight or something! Good grief!

:)

Richard Berry, Sep 13, 2018
  2. X800 Win User

Windows 10 update doesn't work

I have tried to find on google an answer to this error (0x80070006) on windows update. But nothing is working for me *Frown Windows 10 Updates - Stop It! - Quit deleting my work! :( .
    I have tried following
    Windows 10 update troubleshooter all ok.
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop bits

Then I deleted the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
    net start wuauserv
    net start bits

I have scanned integrity of the operating system and no faults found.
    Help.....

3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 13, 2018
  4. chispy Win User

Windows 10 Updates - Stop It! - Quit deleting my work!

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates - Stop It! - Quit deleting my work!

1. Windows 10 Updates - Stop It! - Quit deleting my work! - Similar Threads - Updates Stop Quit

2. Windows 10 Update not working, Modern Setup Host quits working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update not working, Modern Setup Host quits working.: I am trying to update Windows 10. I have tried using the update troubleshooter which indicates it fixes all errors found but get error when using 'check for updates'. I have tried to do a clean startup but still encounter the same problem. I have also tried an in-place...
  3. Windows 10 Update not working, Modern Setup Host quits working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update not working, Modern Setup Host quits working.: I am trying to update Windows 10. I have tried using the update troubleshooter which indicates it fixes all errors found but get error when using 'check for updates'. I have tried to do a clean startup but still encounter the same problem. I have also tried an in-place...
  4. Windows 10 Update not working, Modern Setup Host quits working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Audio quit working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio quit working after Windows 10 update: About a week ago I updated windows to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the audio quit working.MSI B550 MOBOI had been using the on board RealTech audio.So I ordered a Xonar SE sound card and installed it. With both units the Device Manager discovered them but in the Sound settings it...
  6. works 2000 quit working after 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    works 2000 quit working after 10 update: newest update caused word 2000 to quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/works-2000-quit-working-after-10-update/fc6f7c71-ddff-4af3-9847-563bb0d165d0
  7. Audio quit working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio quit working after a Windows update: My audio stopped working a day after a Windows update. This is the second time that happened. The first time it happened, I simply bought new speakers. That was about 4 months ago. I don’t want to buy another set of new speakers. I’ve tried pretty much everything. I’ve tried...
  8. my windows 10 pro edge quit working after the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my windows 10 pro edge quit working after the last update: can not surf, none of the settings, work [IMG] [IMG] same goes for send feedback, help etc . I can ping google.com from cmd mode. so there is internet connection the old IE worked until today. my c# application using the webbrowser control still works fine....
  9. sound devices quit working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound devices quit working after windows 10 update: I have a Windows 10 computer (an Intel NUC) with built-in sound (Realtek) and an external USB-driver D/A convertor (essentially a USB sound card). Some time after an update (although I'm not sure these incidents are related), my sound control panel now shows "no output...
  10. Touch screen quit working after update to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen quit working after update to windows 10: When I updated my computer to windows 10 from 8.1 the touch screen quit working. I have called into windows and they told me the drivers are incompatible and I need to downgrade back. But I can't seem to find where to find my product key or anything for the windows that came...