Windows 10: Windows 10 updates turning on fast start

Discus and support Windows 10 updates turning on fast start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am self employed running a one man business. I have a laptop running windows 10 pro. This is used primarily for onsite presentations to clients +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stephen8458, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 updates turning on fast start

I am self employed running a one man business.

I have a laptop running windows 10 pro. This is used primarily for onsite presentations to clients + some office work.

Fast start is turned off as the computer can go a few weeks without use and having this feature turned on kills the battery.

So far EVERY win 10 update has turned 'fast start' ON

WHY?

How can I stop this (without buying a different laptop)

For me the best answer would be for Microsoft to stop messing with my settings!!

Thanks

Steve

:)

stephen8458, Sep 20, 2018
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 20, 2018
  4. MichelB62 Win User

Windows 10 updates turning on fast start

Turn off Fast Startup

Thanks to an update of Windows 10 'Fast Startup' is turned on again. And I have problems with turning it off, as the 'Turn on fast start-up (recommend)' setting is selected AND greyed out 1). That selection box should be accessible when you change your 'User
    Account Control Settings' 2). That is a setting that is NOT changed. However, it is on the suggested setting that should make it possible for me to turn off fast start-up. But that is still greyed out. A Catch 22 situation. Does anyone have a suggestion?

1) Fast Startup - How to disable if it is causing problems.

2) How to turn off and disable UAC in Windows 10

MichelB62, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 updates turning on fast start

1. Windows 10 updates turning on fast start - Similar Threads - updates turning fast

2. Turn on Fast Startup option is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Turn on Fast Startup option is missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]On Windows 10, the Fast Startup is a built-in feature that is designed to start up your computer faster after the shutdown. This option is by default enabled and saves your valuable time from being wasted. But recently, some users reported missing this feature after...
  3. turn on fast startup windows 10 HELP!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn on fast startup windows 10 HELP!!: Quick Start Window 10 is not available and says that some settings are managed by the system administratorPls help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-fast-startup-windows-10/309c04e0-88c7-4439-a5e9-43c36d12e5ed
  4. "turn on fast startup" windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "turn on fast startup" windows 10: "turn on fast startup" windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-fast-startup-windows-10/2f19289e-6c94-43cb-b23a-fb8b8ee38320
  5. Turning off Fast start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off Fast start.: Ever since my laptop upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home (now Build 17134_release 180410-18040, on waking up there is a lag before before the logon screen appears. The hdd is a 200GB ssd. I have the latest graphic driver. There have been suggestions that turning off...
  6. hibernate and fast start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hibernate and fast start: I am having trouble with hibernate and fast start. I found in one article in the forum that stated: If you disable hibernate, fast startup will also get disabled. ​Does the opposite hold true then: If hibernate is enabled, fast startup is also enabled? 23920
  7. Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer: Hello again. I recently upgraded my SENS 900X Samsung laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. I did the easy upgrade, not a clean install. I did reformat my computer while it was in Windows 7, updated it, then upgraded to Windows 10. When I turn on or restart my...
  8. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Fast startup (aka: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown) is turned on by default in Windows and is a setting that helps your PC start up faster after shutdown. Even...
  9. Windows 10 Fast Start will not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fast Start will not work: Hello Windows 10 fast start has been working perfectly from the time Win 10 came out, but it has suddenly stopped. No matter what I have tried as solutions from the internet ( re-doing the settings, running the .bat file off/on etc.) it will not work even though when I check...
  10. Fast Start-Up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start-Up in Windows 10: Does this feature still exist in Windows 10. I ask because during the preview builds, I turned this off under Power Plan options to dismount all drives when shutting down to make sure that when I dual booted back into Windows 7, this operating system didn't see a 'dirty...