Windows 10: Windows 10 updates wipes out application settings in the registry

Discus and support Windows 10 updates wipes out application settings in the registry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently on Windows 10 V1803. 2 days ago a windows update came out that wiped out the regisry settings for Cisco VPN. In previous feature updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BenIT18, Oct 4, 2018.

1. BenIT18 Win User

Windows 10 updates wipes out application settings in the registry

Currently on Windows 10 V1803.

2 days ago a windows update came out that wiped out the regisry settings for Cisco VPN.

In previous feature updates we've had AS400 and even symantec AV wiped out by the installation of feature updates.

How can we avoid having our applications registry settings removed when we update windows 10?

It didn't happen in windows 7.

:)

BenIT18, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

theres a windows 10 tweak thread started by w1zzard, i suggest keeping all the tweaks in there.

Mussels, Oct 4, 2018
  4. W1zzard Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

Hmm .. need better steps to reproduce.

The installer adds a key with the install path to the registry, which is checked against and then that "Update GPU-Z" box is displayed.

W1zzard, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updates wipes out application settings in the registry - Similar Threads - updates wipes application

2. Windows update and registry settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update and registry settings: Im on 1909 and i kinda screwed up my registry when trying to optimize, if i will update to 20H2 in windows update tab, will it reset my registry settings? Im playing tournament soon so i dont have time to fully reset windows and download everything submitted by...
  3. Windows update wiped out all my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped out all my settings: An update Windows 10 this morning 12/12/2020 wiped all my app settings on the PC. I use Outlook for email. This app was not be found in the list. When I searched for it, it showed up but then I had to recreate my email account all over. Now it won't let me choose the inbox...
  4. windows update wipes out computer settings

windows update wipes out computer settings: So when is Microsoft going to fix this error? Or they just going to ignore this. your programmers need to look at this issue. Do not put this problem on the end user. FIX IT!!!!...
  5. Windows 10 update wiped out everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update wiped out everything: How do i get all of my documents and photos and files back after windows 10 updated deleted everything. Hundreds of dollars in photo programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-wiped-out-everything/5c622ab8-ab72-4a39-892a-16e8f8f20ed7
  6. Update wiped out writing

Update wiped out writing: So... today, Microsoft decided I really, really, REALLY needed to have the new g-whiz update. I woke up to an "restart now or restart tonight?" message. Given that I was in the middle of writing and needed to have my computer open and working today to deal with an unrelated...
  7. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update wiped out all of my settings.: I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to...
  8. Windows 10 wiped out

Windows 10 wiped out: I recently sat down at my SONY VAIO running WIndows 10 and on the screen was the msg WINDOWS Server 2012 R2 Press Enter to Install As I did not want to install WS2012 R2 I rebooted the box. After that it tried to reboot over and over for then next several hours and I...
  9. Windows update wipe out my manifest file in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update wipe out my manifest file in registry: Why does every windows update wipe out my manifest file in the registry? I have PhotoShop CS6 and a 4k display on my laptop, so I have to use a manifest file to set the screen resolution so I can see the writing. Each update wipes out the line in the registry. Have to put...
  10. Update wiped out computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Everytime my computer updates it wipes out all of my settings in windows