Windows 10: Windows 10 updates with limited Internet

Discus and support Windows 10 updates with limited Internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a limited amount of internet I can use. But the sizes of updates of Windows 10 are very huge and I cannot download them in one go. Can someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Am_scary, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 updates with limited Internet

I have a limited amount of internet I can use. But the sizes of updates of Windows 10 are very huge and I cannot download them in one go. Can someone tell me how to download the updates with limited internet. I cannot pause the updates in middle so that I can resume them later. Is there any other way to download the updates....

submitted by /u/Am_scary
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Am_scary, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Kyle Win User

Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?

Hi guys.
    I've had to mark this as unresolved and bring it back up as the issue has returned. I am not sure what it is that is causing this as I haven't installed any program that would limit, manage/handle bandwidth usage.
    Below are a few screenshots of my Programs and Features list and the list of Windows Updates:

Windows 10 updates with limited Internet [​IMG]

To also note; I have done a few speedtests and the result is the same as before I reinstalled Windows. (100-144Mbps) After reinstalling, for a few weeks I was getting my full speed. (380Mbps) Then it suddenly capped. My iPhone XR (being connected to my 5GHz WiFi network) gets the full speed.

I have also redone the "tweaks" for trying to remove the limitation as in tutorials on Google. No help. None of these "fixes" actually work. That is to say; updating my network card driver (in this case my TP-Link TG-3468 Gigabit Ethernet PCI card), using Command Prompt with the few commands suggested to use, GPEdit.msc, etc. None of these work. Windows 10 is still limiting/capping my Internet and it is beyond frustrating. Delivery Optimization is also disabled and Limit Reservable Bandwidth in QoS Packet Scheduler is set to 0%.

I should also note that my Private Internet Access VPN is disabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Typing this into an elevated command prompt seemed to allow me to use more of my speed, but not 350Mbps+.
    I'm assuming it is peak times at the moment.

Windows 10 updates with limited Internet b79c8b13-8099-463d-bea7-e6b97e46b502.png

3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 updates with limited Internet

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 updates with limited Internet

1. Windows 10 updates with limited Internet - Similar Threads - updates limited Internet

2. Windows update with limited internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update with limited internet connection: I have windows 1909. I'd like to update to 20H2, but my internet plan only provides 2GB of data per day. I read somewhere that this update'll be approx. 3GB size. So I can't download this update in a single stretch. Is it ok if the update gets disrupted half way ? Or do I...
  3. Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed: Had this issue previously about a couple of months ago and solved it by doing "Network Reset" in the settings menu but now that doesn't work. Here's what I did: I flushed my DNS. I tried disabling and re-enabling my network drivers. I completely reset my network...
  4. Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?: I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec...
  5. Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?: So long story short, whenever I'm connected to my home WiFi using my trusty Windows powered laptop, with a speed in the range of around 10-15 Mbps, my said trusty laptop slices that speed and only uses half of it. Windows 10 never ceases to amaze me with how creative and...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?

Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?: Hey guys. So been having a major issue with Windows 10 for the last few months after an update. My Internet speed seems to be limited to 144 - 180 Mbps DL on a 350 Mb ISP package. (Avg. speed 370 Mbps DL) I've Google'd a number of times but only come across the same topic...
  7. Limited internet, Windows 10, IPv4 Connectivity No internet access.

Limited internet, Windows 10, IPv4 Connectivity No internet access.: Just moved to a new location, the WiFi is provided by the entire apartment complex, but you have to register and create a sign in and password with it. My WiFi on my laptop will come on for 15 to 20 minutes when it is turned on, but it turns to limited after that time until...
  8. Windows 10 Home - Limited/No Internet Connection

Windows 10 Home - Limited/No Internet Connection: Hello everyone, I've been reading through several threads on here trying ideas previously listed, but have had no luck. So, my wireless router went out on me yesterday during a thunderstorm, which I replaced today. My desktop will not connect to the wireless network at...
  9. Windows 10 limited internet access icon?

Windows 10 limited internet access icon?: For as long as I've had my NUC, the LAN symbols have had the yellow limited internet access icon. My internet works fine thou, but the icon is kind of bugging me. Any hints on how to fix it? I tried re-installing, reboot router, use Windows own help fixes, to no avail....
  10. Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection

Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection: Hello. Today, when i opened my PC i found out that i have "No internet connection". The last time i used it was last night, and it worked like a charm. The problem is from the software itself I guess because other devices seem to be working fine connected to the internet....