Windows 10: Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.

Discus and support Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, When i try to update i get these issues. I wasn't aware of these until i tried to update my gpu drivers and they failed because they require that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShaneCrady, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.

Hi, When i try to update i get these issues. I wasn't aware of these until i tried to update my gpu drivers and they failed because they require that windows is up to date.
    Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart. b105acf5-a795-4c5a-93f9-10ff1a10551a?upload=true.jpg

and when i run the troubleshooter i get this

Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart. aaea8b16-52cf-4613-8cbd-788c8576d3e8?upload=true.jpg

however when i restart my pc i still have these issues. I've tried just about everything i could find online and I'm stumped.

Here are my system specs

Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart. 7c597eb8-facc-4539-9ac2-460ca9fe527d?upload=true.jpg

:)

ShaneCrady, Nov 30, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Goosegas Win User

Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.

RX 480 Fan Speed 0% or 100% While Windows 10 Updates are Pending

I recently bought a new PC which has an MSI RX 480 graphics card.

I downloaded the most recent version of MSI Afterburner to create a fan speed curve. I have had success in other computers using 40% fan speed at low temps going up to about 60% and so on if temps require.

This worked well on this computer initially but I noticed an issue with the fan speed. I noticed that the GPU temp was at 64 degrees and the fan speed was 0% instead of the usual 40% at idle which is usually about 30 degrees. I shutdown Afterburner, restarted the program but that didn't do anything. I restarted the computer, noticing that there were downloaded windows 10 updates which were now installing with this restart. Once the computer restarted, the Afterburner curve was working perfectly.

Today, I heard the GPU fan/s running fast. Afterburner showed the GPU temp was 29 degrees and the fan was running at 100%. Opening and closing Afterburner did nothing as with the previous problem. I restarted the computer and noticed again that Windows 10 updates were installing on the restart and once restarted, Afterburner settings were back to normal.

I can't imagine that the pending updates and the fan speed problems are coincidental and not related.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and/or is aware of a fix. I can certainly supply more system specs if someone believes that would be helpful in this situation. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Goosegas, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.

1. Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart. - Similar Threads - updates wont install

2. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  3. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  4. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my update is pending install and wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my update is pending install and wont start: this is the update im trying to install but it wont 2024-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034204...
  6. my update is pending install and wont start

my update is pending install and wont start: this is the update im trying to install but it wont 2024-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034204...
  7. Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update: Windows Update shows "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185". Restart Required.This update has been sitting there for several days. The Schedule Restart shows "today", but the update is still waiting to installed after several days. So...
  8. Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update

Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update: Windows Update shows "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185". Restart Required.This update has been sitting there for several days. The Schedule Restart shows "today", but the update is still waiting to installed after several days. So...
  9. pending install of windows update

pending install of windows update: all updates are downloaded but not installing also i donot want to update feature update of version 1909 but how to stop this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pending-install-of-windows-update/63b1ccea-7998-4d33-9333-7b762c5c8656
  10. Windows 10: Pending restart but after restart it still says pending restart endlessly.

Windows 10: Pending restart but after restart it still says pending restart endlessly.: Hello so I bought an SSD and just installed windows 10 home 2004 version and all was working fine, the drivers and such. I've updated the windows update as well and for the first run it run smoothly without problem, and after a day I checked the windows update again for any...