Windows 10: Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Colleagues I'm having to work where there is little or no wi-fi. As a consequence I'm having to rely on very expensive data usage charges, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanWhiteBoss, Oct 12, 2018 at 8:12 AM.

1. IanWhiteBoss Win User

Windows 10 updates

Colleagues

I'm having to work where there is little or no wi-fi. As a consequence I'm having to rely on very expensive data usage charges, and therefore I don't want to do things that are data transmission hungry until I'm able to use wi-fi. Is there a way to delay/postpone installation of Windows 10 updates? I've searched the web for answers, but unfortunately every solution that I've found mentions Settings options that don't exist.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Ian

:)

IanWhiteBoss, Oct 12, 2018 at 8:12 AM
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 updates

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Thema:

Windows 10 updates

1. Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - updates

2. sound problem after update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound problem after update windows 10: hello I received a new update for Windows 10 that after installing it, when connecting the headphones to a laptop, This system does not transmit sound to the headphones and the speaker sound is still audible. please help me...
  3. Error 0x800703e4 - while installing Windows 10 1803 update, performance issues as well

Error 0x800703e4 - while installing Windows 10 1803 update, performance issues as well: Hello support staff, I bought my wife this laptop last December in 2017 and it is already running very slowly. She has only downloaded dropbox and installed Microsoft office on it. It keeps telling her that she needs to update however she doesn't have enough free space. I've...
  4. Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update: I am having the issue of sound only coming through the right ear unless the jack stick is plugged half-way in. When its plugged half way in the sound is louder in the left ear than the right. I recently updated windows 10 and prior to that there was no sound issue. I...
  5. Some App can't start without internet connection after windows 10 October 2018 update

Some App can't start without internet connection after windows 10 October 2018 update: I have some app like visual studio code, gitkraken, mongodb compass, is apparently now after October 2018 update is can't open without internet connection. Before update all those app can running without internet connection. I think it's not bugs from apps but from Windows....
  6. Window update october 2018, 1809- Did not get it yet

Window update october 2018, 1809- Did not get it yet: Today is 16th October, i haven't yet received the feature update. I did troubleshooting, sfc and everything. But i have not recieved it yet. While other have received it. Why?? It always tells my windows is upto date whenever i check manually. Plus i dont have option to...
  7. Windows Update

Windows Update: I am getting the message "sync over range" after the latest windows update. How do I get rid of it? Also I keep seeing the same updates to run every night even though I have installed them...
  8. After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I...: Hello, Originally, I posted this question in the default group (per the form), but got only 1 reply and no follow up (after a week). I'm posting in the update group because I ONLY saw this problem start after applying update KB4458469 (or maybe it was KB4100347 - saw it...
  9. mute led not working after updated windows 10 to version 1893

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mute led not working after updated windows 10 to version 1893: I check device manager it has two drivers intel display audio and Realtek hd audio drivers what should I do to glow led?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-led-not-working-after-updated-windows-10-to/1dc0ece0-b76b-44f2-a967-2b0bd515bf06
  10. QTTabBar Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QTTabBar Updates: A few of us will be tremendously excited by this! The program (amongst many other things) - adds tabs to file explorer - adds ability to colour regions of file explorer (and so other features expressed via file explorer) - adds recent files list - adds click to see flyout...