Windows 10: Windows 10 updation

Discus and support Windows 10 updation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop which is operated by Intel core i3-3217U3rd gen processor and 8gbupgraded from 4gbRAM. It was preloaded with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ANANDR.S., Jun 12, 2021.

1. ANANDR.S. Win User

Windows 10 updation

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop which is operated by Intel core i3-3217U3rd gen processor and 8gbupgraded from 4gbRAM. It was preloaded with windows 8.1 when purchased. I had upgraded it to windows 10 for free. After further updates now it runs on version 21h1 of windows 10. Actually the laptop is a bit old for this. I would like to know whether it can be updated when a new version arrives and will it work smoothly after the update.

:)

ANANDR.S., Jun 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 updation

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 updation

1. Windows 10 updation - Similar Threads - updation

2. Problem with updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with updates: I have just checked my main desktop for updates and downloaded them and installed them. The machine has restarted but is stuck on Windows is configuring your machine don't turn it off. After half an hour of this I reset the computer but the same process keeps happening. Any...
  3. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bluescreen repeatedly since updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bluescreen repeatedly since updates: I have been getting these bluescreens constantly, usually once a day or every two days, and it only seems to have happened in the last month or so since windows forced a series of updates on me. Windows Update breaking my computers has been an ongoing issue for me over the...
  4. Windows Update won't clear after Update runs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update won't clear after Update runs.: My system keeps showing 'Update and Restart' and 'Update and Shutdown' even after runningthe update process and it runs update process on shutdown even though there is visibly nothing to update. There is nothing in SoftwareDistribution folder, the catroot2 folder has been...
  5. Bitlocker Key is not updated in OneDrive

Bitlocker Key is not updated in OneDrive: I have tried to retrieve my bitlocker recovery key through several methods:1 Going to OneDrive and look for the bitlocker recovery key under my device name.2 Using cmd with command manage-bde -protectors C: -get3 Going to Control Panel > System and Security > Device...
  6. Windows update download error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update download error 0x80070057: Installation is on a VirtualBox Virtual Machine, used for experiments, to prevent damage to my system (snapshot is before any experimentation). Host machine is the one in my system specs, and is up-to-date. Here is some info about the VM. OS: Windows 10 Pro (Not activated) OS...
  7. I am not a windows insider but I am getting windows 11 updates.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not a windows insider but I am getting windows 11 updates.: I am not a windows insider but I am getting windows 11 updates, so I paused the update, what should I do now. I don't want to update to windows 11....
  8. Window Update issue and all the tricks failed

Window Update issue and all the tricks failed: Dear Friends, I really seek your advise as I am trying to update my window. But failed all the times. 1. Normal update from the windows update section, but it was not updating.2. Then I used the trouble shoot so that it can fix the issue, but no issue was detected.3. Then...
  9. Problems with windows updates and microsoft store

Problems with windows updates and microsoft store: So i cannot update windows or download windows store apps since it shows me an error 0x80080005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-windows-updates-and-microsoft-store/4c8162fb-c6f5-41ff-a029-48c32a50f052
  10. Server 2016 - Cumulative Updates No Longer Installing

Server 2016 - Cumulative Updates No Longer Installing: The last update that successfully installed was KB5001402 in April. All subsequent patches have failed to install. Here are the steps I have taken:Reset WU by stopping services, renaming SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2.Run the WU troubleshooter, which said there was...