Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade: "0xc004f050", The product key that you entered didnt work

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade: "0xc004f050", The product key that you entered didnt work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a new laptop with windows 10 Single Language, i then bought a windows 10 professional key and when trying to upgrade i get an error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by craigasp, Dec 4, 2019.

1. craigasp Win User

Windows 10 upgrade: "0xc004f050", The product key that you entered didnt work

Hi, I bought a new laptop with windows 10 Single Language, i then bought a windows 10 professional key and when trying to upgrade i get an error code "0xc004f050", The product key that you entered didnt work. i have tried disconnecting from the internet and formatting and reinstalling using the new disk but still comes up with Single language.

:)

craigasp, Dec 4, 2019

2. The product key you entered didn't work

Bought Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1709

Installed from DVD.

Installed fine, but came up as Home.

Went into Settings/Activation and entered key.

Got message back that product key you entered didn't work

0xc004f050

PeteEnglish, Dec 4, 2019
  3. The product key you entered didn't work

lu-annstewart, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Tsxy Win User

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

At step 5, OEM "product keys will not be accepted" It must be a retail key. This is not entirely true. If you try to upgrade from Windows 10 home(oem) and enter VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T it will reject it (error 0xC004F050 I believe). However if you unplug your network cable at step 6, then press Start, it will proceed to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Once your pc has restarted you can then enter your own Windows 10 professional key. This saves you from having to do a complete re-install with a modified ei.cfg etc. (This was tested on a fully up to date Windows 10 home system)

Tsxy, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade: "0xc004f050", The product key that you entered didnt work - Similar Threads - upgrade 0xc004f050 product

2. Change Product Key does not work 0xc004f050

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Product Key does not work 0xc004f050: Hello,I bought last year a laptop which came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. Then I received the free Windows 11 upgrade, via the Windows Update service.Because I want more feature than currently available in Windows 11 Home, I purchased from the internet an USB with...
  3. Change Product Key does not work 0xc004f050

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Product Key does not work 0xc004f050: Hello,I bought last year a laptop which came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. Then I received the free Windows 11 upgrade, via the Windows Update service.Because I want more feature than currently available in Windows 11 Home, I purchased from the internet an USB with...
  4. received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    received product key for upgrade to education, entered product key, does not work.: error - "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one 0x800f0805."Had previously attempted install: "Unable to upgrade your edition. Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the...
  5. "The product key you entered didn't work"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "The product key you entered didn't work": Hello, I just bought Windows 10 on the Microsoft website for $139 and got a product key. When I go into settings and enter the product key, I get a message saying the product key didn't work. Why doesn't it work? Thank you....
  6. Product Key does not work, error 0xc004f050

Product Key does not work, error 0xc004f050: Hi I bought Windows 10 Home edition today and tried to update the product key but got the error mentioned above. I had purchased this laptop in year 2015 with Windows pro installed. Please help to sort out the issue....
  7. The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...

The Product Key You Entered Didn't Work.Check The Product Key And Try Again,Or Enter A...: I can't activate the serial key on my Windows 10 Prowith an error code:0xc0000022 whereas before it could, was this a virus malware? please answer me...
  8. Product key not working after updating Windows 10. Error message 0xc004f050.

Product key not working after updating Windows 10. Error message 0xc004f050.: My Win 10 was originally Home version. A few months ago I was asked to update due to expiry reasons. Somehow it got updated to Win Pro 1909. Then a few days ago a message keeps popping up saying my Windows is expiring soon. I entered the product key in Activation & it says...
  9. The product key you entered did not work, Error 0xC004F050

in Windows 10 News
    The product key you entered did not work, Error 0xC004F050: [ATTACH]I was using the Windows Home version on my laptop and planned to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise. However, when I used the […] This article The product key you entered did not work, Error 0xC004F050 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. The product key you entered didn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The product key you entered didn't work: Bought Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1709 Installed from DVD. Installed fine, but came up as Home. Went into Settings/Activation and entered key. Got message back that product key you entered didn't work 0xc004f050...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. product key you entered didnt work 0xc004f050