Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade 1083 Freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade 1083 Freezes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Did anyone come up with a fix for Windows 10 upgrade 1083 freezing? Stuck at 87% (Surface laptop)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Signets, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Signets Win User

Windows 10 upgrade 1083 Freezes

Did anyone come up with a fix for Windows 10 upgrade 1083 freezing? Stuck at 87% (Surface laptop)

:)

Signets, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade 1083 Freezes - Similar Threads - upgrade 1083 Freezes

2. Windows 10 freezes after ssd upgrade.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after ssd upgrade.: I owned a lenovo legion y520-15ikbn: I5-7300hq Gtx1050-2gb 12gb of ram 1tb seagate hdd 256gb adata xpg sx6000lite(new). So after i install the nvme ssd, i downloaded and install w10 on it. But im facing constant freeze when im playing games, open mozilla firefox and...
  3. Fix Windows Management Instrumentation error 1083

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Management Instrumentation error 1083: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There can be instances where upon attempting to open a Windows Service such as Windows Management Instrumentation, you get the error with the following message – Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does [...] This...
  4. Wifi keeps disconnecting on Windows 10 1083

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps disconnecting on Windows 10 1083: I have a Samsung Notebook 7 Spin. I preformed an windows 10 update a couple of months ago and have had much trouble with the wifi since. I have searched for solutions to this issue( it seems to be common) but I have yet to find a fix that actually works. This trouble has...
  5. windows 10 home version 1083

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 home version 1083: How the heck do I network 2 windows home computers that are version 1083, homegroup in this version has gone away. I need to network these two computers so I can share files between them. Any help is appreciated...
  6. Windows !0 Pugrade 1083 Freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows !0 Pugrade 1083 Freezes: Did anyone come up with a fix for Windows 10 upgrade 1083 freezing? Stuck at 87% (Surface laptop) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-0-pugrade-1083-freezes/6b01f5c4-a4c0-4a53-8e16-2f26feaf11c9
  7. 1083 update fail?

1083 update fail?: We have 2 laptops both originally win7 but upgraded to win 10. Yesterday whilst running a backup to an external hard drive the update kicked in , we lost the backup and now we have desktop access denied together with a black screen,recycle bin, aircraft symbol, not able to...
  8. 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...
  9. Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures

Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures: I have had many failed attempts to install 1083 update. Ran update troubleshooter. Takes HOURS to download then hours to install restart. Fails every time. Automatically attempts reinstall over and over again. I do not want it. Slows computer down. I want to ignore it but...
  10. Access Blocked on 1083 build

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Blocked on 1083 build: Having updated to 1083,I have been having issues with Windows Defender Security in as much I have had to disable it just to load an Epson scanner and printer the printer installed okay but when trying to install scanner I ran into a brick wall and found that by disabling WD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when upgrading from windows 7 to 10 my laptop keyboard freezes at the account stage

2. 1083 installation issues with acer laptops